Newest Review: ... going out in HK was that you can just sit down at a table either outside or inside (outside is better as you get more atmosphere) and w... more
24 hour party people
Bars in Hong Kong (China)
Member Name: mizzy
Bars in Hong Kong (China)
Advantages: good atmosphere
Disadvantages: expensive after happy hour
I stopped over in Hong Kong on my way to Australia. For 3 nights struggling with jet lag I went out with my friend who lives there.
My favourite area to go out in was Lang Kwai Fong, a central area of bars, clubs and restuarants. There are several streets here on a hill, near the central shopping district and theres music for all tastes.
One thing I liked about going out in HK was that you can just sit down at a table either outside or inside (outside is better as you get more atmosphere) and waitresses will make sure you always have a drink. It makes a welcome change from having to crush at the bars to get a drink in the UK.
On a friday and saturday night the streets here slowly pack with people, a mix of business men, locals and tourists seem to mingle and most are very chatty. People will just start conversations with the table next to them. I thought this was great as I met 2 french girls also going to sydney!
The drinks are fairly expensive after happy hour which usually ends about 9, although theres one bar I went to that stops it at 10.
The most interesting bar here is the ice bar, where you can go into a freezer and get really cold vodka shots. They provide you with a very large fur coat to stop you getting cold. Its a really cool experience!
Another area is Wan Chai, which is full of prostitutes and strip bars, however there are some other fun bars along here that arent seedy and have good deals on happy hour. One bar had 80p drinks all night when I went there.
HK is a great place to go out, especially if your jet lagged as its a 24 hour city! I really enjoyed it and it was just as good as seeing the sites in the day as theres just a great atmosphere!
Summary: I loved it
More reviews in the field of Bar / Cafe International
- Pommes Boutique, Munich
- Chinese Tower Beer Garden, Munich
- It's nothing more than ok
- The sweet taste of Sultanahmet
- Posh feeling fun nightspots
- ALL NIGHT LONG (well almost) at THE FIESTA (Snack Bar & Grill)
- Mestiansky Pivovar - Proving Slovaks Know Beer Too
- A Practical Use for Kitchen Utensils!
- Perfect after a visit to the beach
- MMMM... Minty!
- Cafe Andersen (Hamburg, Germany)
- Cafe Ammerland (Oldenburg, Germany)
- Cafe am neuen See (Berlin, Germany)
- Cafe Anders (Bonn, Germany)
- Rock Zombie Night Club (Dudley, England)
- The Town Cafe (Halesowen, England)
- Cafe am Nordbad (Munich, Germany)
- Bull Pub (Krakow)
- Fiesta Snack Bar and Grill (Cyprus)
- Tajemniczy Ogrod (Krakow)