* Prices may differ from that shown
Reason For Purchase ~ 'Gold Mine'
I used to bathe with soap but just adore the versatility of body washes. Such moisturizing body washes have become very popular much due to their practical multi-tasking benefits; as with many brands on the market, this body wash also has moisturizing, components. I have many products in Avon's Skin So Soft range that I am very pleased with, so I wanted to try out this particular body wash to my collection!
The Product ~ 'All That Glitters Is Not Gold'!
The contents of this 250ml product feel denser in weight than others I have. There is a lovely sheen to the cream container with a label adorned in bronze, copper and rich amber shades displaying glistening golden bubbles. There are no application details on the reverse. The product has a twelve month shelf life. There are no less than twenty-six ingredients in this wash! As with most body washes that are designed to be used in the shower as well as the bath, the lid is on the base of the bottle to afford flow in usage.
My Usage Experience ~ 'Go For Gold'!
1) I have used this product while cleansing in the bath but I prefer showering so the solution is used mostly for this method. After rinsing my body for a good three to four minutes with very warm water to open the pores, I then flick open the unconstrained lid to pour out a fifty pence sized amount of the runny fluid. The first thing that comes to my notice is the golden streaks within the emulsion. The blended formula has beautiful hansa to primary yellow transparencies to the colour.
2) When I have come in doors after strenuous gardening activities, my over enthusiastic task render me with grime and muddy residues. This body wash has no problems erasing the most stubborn of marks on my arms and legs! Although the lotion feels far too delicate to be adequate as a cleanser, it works amazingly well as an exfoliate!
3) The subtle fragrance is very delicate and quite difficult to ascertain the Notes. I feel it has qualities of floral light rose aromatic bouquets. This light balmy perfume is a pleasure to wash with as it isn't over-whelming in the more confined space of a shower cubicle.
4) After popping on the small amount onto my soft moistened wash pad, I use a little more water to the gel in order to afford more bountiful foam. The smooth liquid does not produce an abundant lather, more like applying a body lotion, so the water remedies this. I find that this product works far more effectively using a wash cloth or similar as it helps the fluid to lather and remove grime efficiently. The body wash is so gentle on my skin, a pure pleasure to use. Turning into a whiter sheen as I smooth over the creamy wash, it leaves a silky smooth touch in its wake.
5) I complete my washing routine by rinsing the solution off well. Cold water is known to close the pores, giving an even softer feel to the skin, but I'm a warm to hot water woman! :~) After towel drying, I can barely notice the delicate fragrance from the body wash, but the velvety silky smooth effects on my skin are most apparent! My skin actually feels as if I have used a superior body moisturizing lotion as opposed to a simple body wash!
6) I have even used this body wash as a shaving cream when I have ran out of my gel. Although I have had to rinse off the cream more frequently between shaving strokes, the wash leaves my skin feeling far smoother.
7) I interchange this product with a variety of washes but even after a while since the previous usage, the body wash stays in tip top condition. Certain ingredients within this wash are also added to help prevent bacterial growth, protecting this product from spoilage.
Would I Recommend? ~ Heart Of Gold'
Yes, I certainly do recommend this quality body wash. The cream feels very gentle on the skin, a very effective cleanser that moisturizes too. I love the appearance of this luxurious looking wash with its subtle perfume. The Skin So Soft Mineral Gems Glamorous Gold Body Wash is available through your local Avon rep, which is how I purchased mine. The product is also available through the Avon site, avonshop.co.uk, currently at a much lower price of £2.45 instead of £4.10. Although I love this body wash, I would only ever buy it on offer!
Thank you for taking the time to read my review on this gorgeous body wash xXx