Product Type: Eylure in Beauty
Newest Review: ... and out of the whole girls aloud range, these ones are by far the best and most flattering natural shape. The eyelashes are quite easy... more
Kimberly Lashes....Like EYE Like!
Eyelure Girls Aloud Lashes - Kimberley
Member Name: Frannybooboo
Eyelure Girls Aloud Lashes - Kimberley
.About the lashes
I love love love long lashes, but I really think when it comes to buying a set you can't just go for the cheapest! I can be such a cheapskate so will usually opt for what has the best offer, however, with my lashes...it has to be girls aloud.
When they first came out my first thoughts were that it was just another money making ploy with pretty packaging making the young girls buy them so they can look like their favorite member but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and look of the lashes once applied!
As you can probably guess they come in five different types: Kimberly, Cheryl, Nadine, Sarah and Nicola all with a picture of the celeb on the front. Usually I would find something like that rather tacky and even though Girls aloud are a guilty pleasure of mine I probably wouldn't have bought them, but being on special offer...of course...I gave them a go.
Here's what the girls say about their lashes:
Kimberley Walsh: "My lashes give great length and texture. I love the boost they give to my eyes!"
Cheryl Cole: "I love the dark glossy look of my lashes. They are a must for a night out - cool and ultra glamorous."
Nadine Coyle: My lashes are full and layered with a really natural feel. I could wear this fun, flirty style everyday!"
Nicola Roberts: "I designed my lashes to be really full but still demure. I wanted a natural beauty effect with the length and thickness we need."
Sarah says: " I love my lashes and wear them all the time. I chose a full, spiky style that elongates my eyes."
The Eylure brand has been involved with the entertainment industry since its creation in the late 1940's. As the key false lash brand in the UK, Eylure 'The Lash Experts' are said to have long been a favourite of Girls Aloud. The group wanted lashes that fit with their each individual personalities and the beauty looks they wished to create. Designed, briefed and approved by each of the ladies Eylure lashes are designed to enhance the natural beauty of your eyes. Fabulous, flirty and flexible they are suitable for all eye shapes and all occasions.
They have an ultra lightweight feel and once applied I can barely tell they are on. Some cheap lashes I have bought in the past can poke at the corner of your eye or make them feel really heavy but these lashes really have been designed to perfection. They are easy to apply and reusable however if I am way too drunk to carry out the make up removal process then they don't look quite so pretty by the morning so I would advise taking them out! They are also contact lens friendly which is good for me as I am a lens wearer! The pack includes it's own little pot of adhesive and application instructions included.
Never worn lashes before? Here's how to apply
1. If needed then trim the width and length of your false eye lashes. But first, try the original length and see if you prefer it that way before cutting. You should do this with the little beauty scissors not standard kitchen scissors!
2. Prepare the things that you would need: a good pair of tweezers (I like the mister mascara tweezers best), some eyelash glue (which is included in the set) and your lashes, of course. A magnifying mirror can also be useful but not necessary.
3. Before actually applying the lashes, line the upper part of your lash line with black eyeliner pencil. This is optional but it helps to conceal the lash band area.
4. Pick up the fake eyelashes with a pair of tweezers. You are likely to have more control if you use tweezers than handle it with your fingers.
5. Apply a tiny amount of eyelash glue by dipping the end of the fake lashes. Wait for about 30 seconds for the glue to become sticky.
6. Apply the fake eyelashes very slightly above your real eyelashes, and position them as close to your lashline as possible. Gently press the eyelash area with the tip of your tweezers until it false lashes are set.
7. When the fake eye lashes are set in place, curl them with a good eyelash curler, together with your natural lashes. Apply some mascara afterwards.
As easy as it sounds this is not a procedure that should be rushed as it can become VERY frustrating when they go wrong!!!
I have worn all of the girls lashes now besides Nicolas as I am not keen on the texture of them. Cheryl and Sarahs lashes are both very dark which look great on a smoky eye however Kimberlys are by far my favourite lashes and I now repeat buy every time I am set to go out on a night out (I would not wear them as every day wear as some people do), they are longer than the others and I find with a layer of mascara on top they look just how I want them too.
Of course if you have read many of my previous reviews you will already have guessed where I buy these from...BOOTS! So I can get my lovely advantage card points totted up! They also often have 3 for 2 offers or something similar! I have been told though that Claires accessories sell them a little cheaper so it may be worth comparing the price first! I would recommend all of the lashes in the set I have tried but Kimberly comes off top every time! If you would like to try them you can buy a set with them all in for £24.99 from Amazon...this is also a great little present!! They now also do a range of 'festival lashes' but I have not tried any of these yet!! (If you don't understand my title Kimberly's first solo hit which has recently aired is called Like you like ;)..)
Please see the picture of my Kimberly Lashes in action below!
I hope you enjoy my review and if you have any questions please let me know :-)
Summary: Thumbs up!