Newest Review: ... great way to keep your nail items in check. The set itself comes in a very cute little ice cream shaped pouch. They are fun and girly and ... more
An ice cream for clipping your nails with!
Cup Ice Cream Manicure Set
Member Name: danny691
Cup Ice Cream Manicure Set
Date: 31/10/10, updated on 31/10/10 (17 review reads)
Advantages: Useful kit, attractive design.
Whilst browsing for a birthday present for a friend i came across a whole host of wierd and wonderful things. One of those items is the Ice Cream Manicure Set, which I bought because I thought it was so nice! The set cost under £6 and consists of an emery board, pair of scissors, pair of tweezers and nail clippers, not forgetting the ice cream pouch.
The pouch itself has a zip enclosure with embroidery detail and comes in a choice of colours. Each 'flavour' has different detailing, and the colours are cream (vanilla), red/pink (strawberry) and brown (chocolate). I chose the pink one as it is especially girly!
For £6 you are getting 4 nice manicure items which isn't bad. I would expect to pay a similar sum for this set individually and the case they come in is the reason I bought the set. The pouch measures 14cm x 10cm x 2.5cm so it will fit discreetly in a handbag and i can imagine it being a talking point between friends. Before I gave the gift to my friend I noticed the quality of the pouch and set were decent, and the pouch doesn't feel cheap which I thought it may do. The scissors are quite sharp and not at all too small for my friends' fingers so they are easy to use and she can be precise due to their not-too-small size. The emery board is a matching pink colour and is quite a 'fine' grade apparently. You can always put your own accessories in the pouch if you wish, my friend puts her lipstick in there and doesn't carry the clippers around with her.
This Christmas, why not use these as stocking fillers, or perhaps keep one in your handbag just in case you need to use it. My friend is delighted with the set and the selling point for me was the pouch.
Summary: Well worth the £6, great gift for a woman!
More reviews in the field of Other Beauty Product
- Saw with an emery board?
- Remove your varnish with one handy product...
- Do I need this light in daylight?!?
- Eylure Body Tape = keeping your dignity
- Excuse me, do you know where I can buy some cheaper spider legs?
- a saver!
- Greasy with a weird smell, but quite moisturising - cute tin though!
- My eye lashes are curled beautifully thanks to these curlers!
- Hemp Moisture High Balm, great for your feet.
- I don't think I'll ever taste anything else again...
- Boots Essentials Scissors
- Wilko Baby Cotton Wool Pleat
- Boots Retractable Lip Brush
- Cutex Moisture Guard Nail Polish Remover
- Birch Box Subscription Service
- Babyliss Beach Bronze Salon Tanning System
- Too Faced Company Lip Injection Mask
- Cutex Ultra Cleansing Nail Polish Remover
- Babyliss Shiatsu Bath Spa
- Sainsbury's Nail Polish Remover