Product Type: Real Techniques in Beauty
Newest Review: ... little travel case that also doubles up as a brush stand. The brushes, as with all Real Techniques brushes have colour coded handles. A... more
Applying my eye make-up wouldn't be the same!
Real Techniques Starter Brush Set
Member Name: sarahhhx
Real Techniques Starter Brush Set
Date: 04/02/13, updated on 04/02/13 (62 review reads)
Advantages: fantastic brushes, price
Disadvantages: brow brush
The eye brush set is called the 'starter collection', which means the main brushes you need for applying the eye make-up.
On boots it says: '. This Starter kit starts you off with the essential tools for creating eye definition.'
The box that the eye shadow comes in list exactly what eye shadow brushes do what, which is very helpful because some people who buy the set might not have much knowledge of make-up brushes and just know the very basics.
The price of the brush set is £21.99, which for the quality of the brush and the amount of brushes you get, you really cannot go wrong. I would normally have to pay individually around this price for a MAC brush.
On the box it says, "Boost your look with effortlessly enhanced eyes. Eye definition does high definition with my essential starter set: look pixel perfect even in harsh light, ultra plush talon bristles"
The eyebrush collection
The starter collection has five eye brushes, which comes in a black case. This handy case can be made into a stand (the directions of doing this are on a tag on the case. The brushes are made from synthetic talon bristles. When you feel them you can tell they are of excellent quality as they feel so thick and look well cut.
The brushes in the core collection are: a 'Base shadow brush', a 'Deluxe crease brush', an 'Accent brush', a 'Pixel-point eyeliner brush' and a 'Brow brush'. All the brushes have purple handles.
On the box there is a picture of the YouTube famous 'Samantha chapman' on there so you can have an idea of what she looks like. And if you are interested in watching her and her sister Nicki Chapman's videos just search 'Pixiwoo' into YouTube or Google.
On the eye shadow brushes it states the brand: 'Real Techniques' on them.
Eye brush purposes
1. Base shadow brush- Applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour.
This brush feels very soft, it is a fairly good size so it can cover the base of the eye more. It is very easy to use as it can be simply used to add a splash of colour or base on to the lid.
This brush has been created specifically for base eye shadows. However, It could be used for adding a splash of colour as stated before. For a base colour I recommend something light. A lot of make-up brands have brought out eye primers or eye shadows that are specifically for a base. I would recommend the lightest colour you have as a base like a nude colour that wont tamper with the rest of the colours you add, unless you want it to.
This eye shadow is good for applying cream base eye shadows as it has thick bristles so it blends the cream nicely.
2. 'Deluxe Crease Brush' - This brush is designed for cream, powder eye shadows and also concealer. I tend to use it for concealer as I find it much easier to apply using a brush. It is very soft like the other brush and is a good size. It makes applying concealer easier because you can blend it in better than using a finger. I always use this brush, because I wear concealer everyday and because it blends the concealer well it makes it look less caked. Despite using the brush for concealer remember that it can be used for eye shadow as well, it is a great multi purpose brush.
3. 'Accent brush'- This brush is designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging according to the 'real techniques' website. It can be used on the lips as well as eyes (another multi purpose brush) I would definitely wash the brush if you were to do this after every use if you are swopping from eyes to lips. I do tend to use this brush to smudge my eye shadow at the end of my eyelids. It smudges my eye shadow in well so the colour I apply at the beginning of the lid and the eye shadow colour I apply at the end blend in well together. It is also good to use as a highlighter brush for highlighting areas such as the brow bone and the starting point of the eyelid. It is a great brush but it isn't in my eyes a necessity in my brush kit, I could quite easily live without it.
4. Pixel point eyeliner brush- "Tappered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application." I personally on't like this brush and wouldn't use it to apply my eyeliner, I find it very difficult to apply my eyeliner with because its quite thick. I usually use gel liner just for my top lid and because I like the eyeliner to be thin there it doesn't really work well because it is too thick for the job.
5. The brow brush- The name gives it an away( for the brows.) Distinctively defines eyebrows. This brush is my least favourite of them all. It is far too thick for me to apply my Benefit brow set. Which is in powder form. I never use this brush because of my eyebrows been too thin to use it, not that there really that thin compared to most peoples. For those people who have thick eyebrows it would be quite a good brush to have but unfortunately for me I would prefer to stick to the free Benefit brow brush instead which is much thinner.
The stand is something that I really liked the idea of, but to be honest I'm not entirely convinced it isn't as good as I thought it would be. The brush case no longer even stands up properly anymore and when it did it seemed fairly pointless really. However it does keep the brushes clean and I would prefer to have one than not because of this. So I'm definitely in between on the case idea. It isn't as good as it's made out but isn't not too bad either.
Great set of eye brushes, good quality and very useful to have. The price is exceptional and the quality is really good. I definitely recommend these brushes and my expectations have well and truly been reached!!! Must have!
Summary: love them
More reviews in the field of Beauty Accessories
- like a little hug for your nose!
- Its simply a comb!
- Super starter set!
- POP- and it's a brush!
- Denman Tangle Teaser - a brilliant for little girls who don't like getting their ...
- An Essential in Styling
- A useful paddle brush from Revlon
- Cheap and cheerful
- Great hair day
- Applying make-up will never be the same again.