Product Type: St Tropez in Beauty
Newest Review: ... enough to get my St Topez mitt from the sale section in my local Boots for a mere £1.20ish which I was incredibly pleased with - bargai... more
Good if no alternative options
St Tropez Applicator Mitt
Member Name: rosaliecullen
St Tropez Applicator Mitt
I received the St Tropez Applicator Mitt in a St Tropez set that I was bought as a gift for Christmas. I probably would not have gone out and bought this product alone but as I had it in my cupboard decided to give it a go.
I am a big fan of fake tan products, but find it horrendous to get off your hands and always seem to have super tanned hands after applying my tan. I often use disposable rubber gloves, but this applicator mitt seems to be the eco-friendly solution to masses of rubber gloves.
The mitt is about £3-£4 and is very thin black lycra on one side and a thicker spongey material on the other side which is beige in colour. You put your hand in between the two layers and begin to apply fake tan to yourself.
The mitt is very flexible and doesn't feel too thick when you are manoeuvring which is a positive thing as your hands play an important role in applying tan. You can still feel what you are doing through the sponge which is a good thing.
The lycra side of the mitt feels quite flimsy to me and personally I think it should have been a bit thicker material than it currently is. The mitt itself is quite big, so no matter how large your hands are you will fit them in, however I only have small hands and find that the mitt can be too large sometimes, they should do a range of sizes so that you have better control over applying your tan. Alternatively they could make a glove shaped sponge applicator which would be brilliant!
Overall I prefer the option of disposable gloves as I think they are more flexible and easier to apply tan with than this mitt. I think the mitt is slightly too bulky for me to manoeuvre in the best way to avoid streaks. If you don't have another option for keeping your hands orange-free then this is good value product, otherwise just user disposable rubber gloves (sorry planet earth).
Summary: See review
More reviews in the field of Other Beauty Product
- Acetone free nail polish remover!
- Becoming A Professional Nail Technician.
- Sally, you've let me down!
- Top marks
- Very good tweezers
- Bonnet de Douche Rodney, Bonnet de Douche!
- Fails to deliver the perfect brow
- Classics Nail Polish Remover:simply wipe it away
- Eylure Body Tape
- 'Boots Essential Scissors': compact and perfect
- Tesco Eyewash & Bath
- Liz Earle Soft White Headband
- Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask Sponges
- Sisal Soap Bag
- HoMedics Compact Percussion Massager with Heat
- Estee Lauder Makeup Brush Cleaner
- The Body Shop Almond Nail & Cuticle Treatment
- Betty Boop Compact Mirror
- So Bloody Blonde Sometimes Compact Mirror
- Nailoid Results Crystal Nail File