Newest Review: ... is white, black and grey on colour and to the front and back of it we are clearly told that it is Carling 'Since 1840' Lager and that i... more
Member Name: James2807
Advantages: Cheap and tasty
I have not always been a big beer fan. I used to only drink cider and could not stand beer. However after spending a few months in America, where cider is virtually non-existent I finally converted to beer. I am a fairly heavy drinker but cannot fully tell too much difference between various types of lagers. However I can defiantly say that all things taken into consideration, carling is my favourite.
I enjoy the taste of carling. It is not too bubbley and is one of the few beers I actually enjoy when drinking from a can, however it is best served chilled in a pint glass. You will find carling in virtually every pub and shop.
Another reasons I love carling is the price. It is one of the cheapest beers available. From Sainsbury you can buy a 15 pack for only £10. When in a pub it is obviously more expensive but you will rarely pay more than £2.50 a pint (this is in pubs on the outskirts of London)
The can states the beers is made from 100% barley. The alcohol content is 4%. I feel this is a good level. Some beers like careslberg or cools can be too weak at about 3.5%. However I don't like beer that is too strong, so 4% is a good level. For those of you who worry about your weight each can only has 145 calories. A 440ml can (average size however I believe they now sell carling in bottles) is the equivalent of 1.8 units.
Carling has got a some what bad reputation but I disagree with those who dislike it. The beer is cheap and tasty and at the end of the day that is what I am looking for.
Summary: Good beer
More reviews in the field of Beer / Cider
- Tastes great, Smells terrible
- Best avoided - Over priced and Overrated
- No-nonsense cider
- An Incredible Beer!!!
- Great beer, do not miss this.
- Not for me this lager!
- Fancy a cider with a twist?
- Desperate for beer infused with 7.5% tequilla in it?
- Thoroughly modern take on Ginger Beer.
- Gold and Glorious!
- Brasserie Lindemans Lindemans Kriek
- Brasserie Liefmans Liefmans Fruitesse
- Brasserie Liefmans Liefmans Goudenband
- Brasserie Lindemans Lindemans Cassis
- Brasserie Lindemans Lindemans Faro Lambic
- Brasserie Vanuxeem Queue De Charrue
- Brasserie Vanuxeem Queue De Charrue Triple
- Cerveceria Bucanero Cubanero Fuerte
- Coopers Brewery Ltd. Cooper's Sparkling Ale
- Cerveceria Bucanero Palma Cristal