Newest Review: ... where he fell in love and due to his lovable character his fame was re-found and he became a name that everyone knew and loved again. As ... more
A great guy !
All About Us: My Story - Peter Andre
Member Name: 1983home
All About Us: My Story - Peter Andre
Advantages: a great read
Disadvantages: a little too much detail in places
I was not really a fan of Katie Price aka Jordan and Peter Andre as a couple and thought that as a couple they were very odd. But since they have split up I have found that I have really started to find a lot of respect for him and admire him for everything that he has done and achieved since the divorce.
Peter Andre was a pop star many years ago his music career after a few year went down the plughole and you would no longer hear his name. Until 2005 Peter signed up to the famous UK television show, I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here This is where he fell in love and due to his lovable character his fame was re-found and he became a name that everyone knew and loved again.
As I had started to watch his television shows, for Christmas I was given the autobiography All About Us. Peter is a person who has had a lot of highs and lows in his life and through his high profile marriage and divorce this book shows that he is still fighting and luckily for him coming out on top.
This book gives you in-depth coverage of Peter Andre's previous relationships with other celebrities and his experiences as he approached his rise to fame along with the nervous breakdown that he had. It also covers the romance that he had in Om a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here! In which Peter then married his jungle love Katie Price. It also has a large number of photos in.
When you are reading this book he then talks about his marriage and how there are a lot of cracks that were appearing in his marriage which lead to their breakup. Peter is a huge family man and it seemed that both families did not really hit it off, which was very hard for Pete to deal with. It seems like a very honest account, obviously there is probably a lot more to it, but I am sure that for legal reasons this cannot be mentioned.
There only disadvantage in this book is that it goes on about his sex life with Katie Price which although he married glamour model, I do not think that we really need to know about his sex life.
Overall a great book with a lot of information that I did not know about Peter. Peter has given a genuine and honest account of his highs and lows that he has faced in his life so far. This book was interesting and was a book that I could not put down, it gave me a great insight into Peter life and how not every celebrity has a perfect run in the limelight.
Unfortunately his marriage ending was the making of him and his celebrity status.
Summary: a good read
More reviews in the field of Biography
- As honest and intimate as its cover image suggests
- Come and hold my hand...
- The Line Between Candour and Sensationalism
- Rhoda Janzen's return to her Mennonite roots
- These guys clearly read the Daily Mail....
- If you read one true crime book in 2013, make it this one!
- Not Everyone's Joyce
- This poor child - Someone help him please
- A Great Life Poorly Written
- Trouble and Strife for Shakespeare's Wife
- The Black Russian - Vladimir Alexandrov
- I'm Your Man - Sylvie Simmons
- Catherine of Aragon - Giles Tremlett
- Under a Canvas Sky - Clare Peake
- Seve: The Autobiography: The Official Autobiography - Severiano Ballesteros
- Robbie and Gary: It's Complicated - The Unauthorised Biography - Paul Scott
- A Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela - Nelson Mandela
- 8000m: Climbing the World's Highest Mountains: All 14 Summits - Alan Hinkes
- It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life - Lance Armstrong
- Mother, Brother, Lover: Selected Lyrics - Jarvis Cocker