Newest Review: ... honest, and due to the nature of a lot of difficulties she's had in her life, quite upsetting at times. It was interesting to read about... more
From the Heart - Kym Marsh
Member Name: CarolineMB
From the Heart - Kym Marsh
Date: 05/04/12, updated on 18/04/12 (5 review reads)
Advantages: The gritty detail that she goes into about Popstars and Jack Ryder.
Disadvantages: I wanted more detail about the rows she has with Jamie!
Although I'm not actually a massive fan of Kym Marsh I like reading autobiographies in general but I love reading autobiographies of showbiz type people. Also, being a fan of Coronation St and reality shows I have followed Kym's career since she began.
I thought this was a really good book, it was very honest, and due to the nature of a lot of difficulties she's had in her life, quite upsetting at times. It was interesting to read about her childhood and early adult life as it really painted a strong picture of how tight money was back then. She was a mother of two by the time she was 21 and evidently struggled with life as a single mother as she split up from her partner Dave not long after her daughter was born.
It went into detail about her time on Popstars which was good to read about as I remember the tv series so well. It also talked about how she got the role on Corrie as well. It was always a dream of hers to appear in the soap and you can feel the sense of pride she has now that she is a main character in the show.
I did find it hard to read about all of her struggles with pregnancies. She really did go through a lot and you could tell how hard it was for her to write it all down. It was brave of her to go into such detail and not gloss over the facts. It was nice that she could end the book on a positive note now that she has her daughter Polly. A good book to read, especially if you're a Corrie fan!
This is available from Amazon for just over £11.
Summary: Gives great insight to Kym Marsh's career and personal life. An enjoyable book to read.
More reviews in the field of Biography
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night
- "I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair."
- The Agony and the Ecstasy
- Deliver Us From EVIL...
- ~ * I'm Not Influenced * ~
- Motherhood and Medicine - a USA experience
- A Crack-ing but Touching Autobiography
- A very funny Booky Wook!
- interesting read for a good comedian
- Good book!
- Yellow Star - Jennifer Roy
- Today Everything Changes - Andy McNab
- Martin Luther King - Harry Harmer
- Anne Frank Beyond the Diary - Rian Verhoeven
- Swimming to Antarctica - Lynne Cox
- Zelda: A Biography - Nancy Milford
- Walking a Golden Mile: World Wrestling Entertainment - William Regal
- Like A Hole In The Head: Living With A Brain Tumour - Ivan Noble
- Ugly - Constance Briscoe
- Jordan: A Whole New World - Katie Price