Newest Review: ... not enough detail on the last 10-15 years. Also many times full conversations are transcribed and given some are 30 years ago and Ozzy was... more
An unexpected delight of wit, humour and sadness combined.
I am Ozzy - Ozzy Osbourne
Member Name: Wallygrom2005
I am Ozzy - Ozzy Osbourne
Advantages: An easy to read book which is light hearted, warm and funny at the same time
Disadvantages: The style of writing is as Ozzy speaks
I was given this book actually for my Kindle as a present and to be honest I have never liked Ozzy or indeed any of the Osbourne clan and have actively avoided listening to music, watching tv programmes and reading any media reviews about any of them as a consequence. However, I though 'give it a go' and so off I went ploughing into it with some trepidation. Its an autobiography of Ozzys' life from childhood through to adulthood, covering his family upbringing (which was far from easy), his youth (which was troublesome and colourful), his addictions (alcohol & drugs) and life as a musican (in various bands and partnerships). It also includes his family life now with his wife Sharon and also includes such areas as his relatively recent quad bike accident.
I felt that the book covered a wide area of his life with some touching experiences that he describes very well with wit, humour as well as sadness - in fact this is one of the rare books that I have actually sat and read and at times chuckled out loud (much to my husbands amazement!). For me the book was quite addictive and really interesting and in fact I could 'hear' Ozzy recalling all of his 'adventure's as the book is written how he speaks.
Perhaps its not everyones cup of tea, and indeed I never thought it would be mine not just on account of the fact it was him, but also I really am not into autobiographies. I have to say however, his life has been an experience which comes as no real surprise - the biggest surprise being that I am amazed at how Sharon has stuck by him by reading his tales and I have to say I admire the woman immensely as a consequence.
Well done Ozzy - an unexpected delight that I would recommend to anyone!
Summary: An unexpected delight of humour and sadness rolled into one
More reviews in the field of Biography
- A brilliant book for Dog lovers
- Lost in Film
- The Life of a Champion: But is it an Honest or a Biased Account of an MMA Supers ...
- An Honest and Open Account of an MMA Superstars Life.
- Kiss of the Dragon
- I hope sharing helped them!
- My Banned Book read.
- She-Wolves - Helen Castor
- Wouldn't quite agree with Frankie on his synopsis of his life...
- an insightful read
- Creation Stories: Riots, Raves and Running a Label - Alan McGee
- Priscilla: The Hidden Life of an Englishwoman in Wartime France - Nicholas Shake ...
- Judith Kerr's Creatures: A Celebration of the Life and Work of Judith Kerr - Jud ...
- Tudor: The Family Story - Leanda de Lisle
- Domestique: The Real-life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro - Charly Wegelius
- The Bookseller of Kabul - Asne Seierstad
- Chris Eubank: The Autobiography - Chris Eubank
- Murray Walker: The Very Last Word - Christopher Hilton
- The Pianist - Wladyslaw Szpilman
- Frigid Women - Sue Riches, Victoria Riches, Dawn French, Gordon Medcalf