Newest Review: ... with an autobiography!!). I didn't realise quite how passionate he was about music from such a young age and I had no idea that he wro... more
The personal side of Gary Barlow.....
My Take - Gary Barlow
Member Name: CarolineMB
My Take - Gary Barlow
Advantages: Getting to know the real Gary Barlow
Disadvantages: It was written a few years too early to cover the X Factor!!
This was a fantastic autobiography to read, really insightful and entertaining. I learnt so much about him that I never knew before (as is obviously the point with an autobiography!!). I didn't realise quite how passionate he was about music from such a young age and I had no idea that he wrote the track 'Million Love Songs' when he was just 15. That shows just how much talent the man has. It was very interesting reading about the early days of Take That and about his relationships with the others in the band. You also get a sense of just how lost he was in the years following the dramatic split of Take That in the 90's.
He has really turned his career around with the reunion of Take That and it's great to get the sense of positivity he has towards the end of the book. It would have been great to read about his time at the X Factor but the book is a little old for that. Maybe a new one in a few years time....?
Summary: A great insight into Gary's career.
More reviews in the field of Biography
- It's not how full your glass is, it's what's in it that counts.
- "I ain't no square with my corkscrew hair."
- The Agony and the Ecstasy
- Deliver Us From EVIL...
- Interesting read.
- ~ * I'm Not Influenced * ~
- Open and Honest
- How can this still be happening??
- A Strange Autobiogra-fee
- I don't often read a book in a day!!
- Elizabeth of York - Alison Weir
- Facing the Other Way: The Story of 4AD - Martin Aston
- Gangs of Birmingham, The - Philip Gooderson
- Clublife - Rob the Bouncer
- Paula: My Story So Far - Paula Radcliffe
- Alan Shearer: My Illustrated Career - Alan Shearer
- Love in a Torn Land - Jean Sasson
- Girl A: The truth about the Rochdale sex ring by the victim who stopped them
- Dodger's Guide to London - Terry Pratchett
- Inside "Little Britain" - Matt Lucas