Newest Review: ... it entertianing to read how this man had put his body, family and friends through so much and is still alive to tell his tale. From the ... more
Scar Tissue that I wish you saw!
Scar Tissue - Anthony Kiedis
Member Name: ash111
Scar Tissue - Anthony Kiedis
Advantages: Amazing read!
Disadvantages: Photos are completely out of sequence
The Red Hot Chili Peppers front man, Anthony Kiedis shares his life story with us in this amazing book, Scar Tissue. This book tells us everything from starting his life in Michigan with his parents through to recording By The Way. He spills all about his girlfriends, his crushes, his insane coke, pot and China White heroin addictions. How his younger years involved him having no money, and whenever he managed to get hold of some it would be almost instantly spend on drugs. It also deeply covers his relationships with his family and friends; how he falls out with his drug dealing father but soon sees him at every show he played. It also spills the gripping story of the changes occuring to the band and carious guitar players come and go. Another focus of the book is about the crazy friendship between Michael Balzary (the Flea) and himself. The insane things these two managed to get up to all were small events leading up to the known success of the Chili's.
The book is very gripping and hard to put down. It is a must have especially to those who are Chili Pepper fans but even to the everyday reader, everything is explained and very clear.
This fantastic book also has four small breaks which show various photographs throughout the times and annotated. In my opinion this was a great touch although most of these photos are not in any particular order.
One small factor i did think was not fantastic about this read is how he refers to so many people and it is difficult to keep up with everybody and remembering who is who.
Still i cannot put this book down as I thought it was informative and extremely gripping! 5*
Summary: Amazing read and would recommend to anyone
More reviews in the field of Biography
- A cult classic that left me out of the cult!
- One of the greatest and most respected businessmen to live!!
- Memoirs of a Country Vet....
- Oh Kay, What's Your Story?
- Fantastic true story about a Bolivian prison
- A misleading title leads to a good book
- The Diaries of Courtney Love
- Read All About It!
- When Will They Come Home?
- Back to the Old House
- Foreign Babes in Beijing: Behind the Scenes of a New China - Rachel DeWoskin
- Strong Woman: Ambition, Grit and a Great Pair of Heels - Karren Brady
- The Woman who Changed Her Brain: Unlocking the Extraordinary Potential of the Hu ...
- Unreliable Memoirs: Autobiography - Clive James
- Into That Darkness: From Mercy Killing to Mass Murder - Gitta Sereny
- Catch a Fire - Melanie B
- A Journey - Tony Blair
- A Preparation for Death - Greg Baxter
- A History of Cannibalism - Nathan Constantine
- Boxing Legends: Greatest Boxers, Toughest Fights, Classic Rivalries - Angus G. G ...