Newest Review: ... his infatuation with being a pickup artist began. I think in order to enjoy this book you have to be able to separate reality from fant... more
The Game - Believe the hype!
The Game - Neil Strauss
Member Name: marnie_moo
The Game - Neil Strauss
Advantages: Hilariously good read, appeals to both sexes
Disadvantages: Not a "Game" manual
Most of you will have probably heard of this book and the "Secret Society Of Pick Up Artists" prior to picking the book up. And most of you were probably as skeptical about the concept as I was.
Neil Strauss's 'The Game' is a mix of information about this group of people and his own personal experiences. The content aside however, it's his style of writing that really makes this book.
The premis of the book is quite easy to grasp; ordinary guy, not much luck with women, how he hears about these types of people and gets involved, then what happens when he's fully immersed in the society and what he learns about it and himself aterward.
Strauss's humour & quickwitted-ness really tie the storyline and series of events together. You really feel for him and can get into his mindset of looking at the group from an average person's point of view. The humour appeals to both a male and female perspective- don't be put off by the content that it's just a book for boys.
If you're looking for a manual of how to become a pick up artist this isn't it. Although Strauss includes titbits of information about strategies employed in the game, some of his own included, this is merely to show there are a million and 1 different ways to learn "The Game" out there.
Could not put this book down, definetly in my top 3 of all time.
Also Amazon seems to offer the cheapest sales of this book if you're looking to purchase.
Summary: Recommended read for all, a modern literary classic
More reviews in the field of Biography
- The Wonderful World of the Andres/Prices
- Me and My Marley!
- The World According to Johns
- 2006 Chantelle Houghton
- Stories of those sentenced to life in British prisons - book by Nick Appleyard
- Motherhood and Medicine - a USA experience
- A Crack-ing but Touching Autobiography
- The King and I
- interesting read for a good comedian
- Good book!
- The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things - Paula Byrne
- The Real Iron Lady: Working With Margaret Thatcher - Gillian Shephard
- Staring at Lakes: A Memoir of Love, Melancholy and Magical Thinking - Michael Ha ...
- Shopping, Seduction & Mr Selfridge - Lindy Woodhead
- The Grass Arena: An Autobiography - John Healy
- Murray Walker: Unless I'm Very Much Mistaken - Murray Walker
- Samuel Pepys: The Unequalled Self - Claire Tomalin
- By Way of Deception - Victor Ostrovsky
- Once a Grand Duchess: Xenia, Sister of Nicholas II - John Van Der Kiste
- The Georgian Princesses - John Van Der Kiste