Newest Review: ... grow up winning titles at all levels until Hatton becomes professional, then it gets interesting. I found the early life of Hatton inte... more
Ricky 'The Hitman' Hatton: The Story Of The Worlds Best 10 Stone Boxer
The Hitman: My Story - Ricky Hatton
Member Name: Jelboy18
The Hitman: My Story - Ricky Hatton
Advantages: In depth life account . Pick up knowledge of sport . Will want to watch him .
Disadvantages: None. Even if you have never watched boxing before it wont matter. You will do soon.
Ricky Hatton gives an indepth account of his life upto the starting events of the Hatton - Mayweather fight. For all those people who have watched Ricky Hatton I would advise you to start reading the book. He goes into great detail about all his fights, his training regimes, his relationships, the problems he gets with Frank Warren, and also dabbles a bit in his love for football, notoriously man city.
I didnt watch boxing before I purchased this book. I bought it out of curiosity, and I can definitely say that it is good value for money. Now I love to watch boxing. For people that have never had a good understanding of the sport, this is a must read because what these professionals must go through is audacious, especially the gruelling training and workouts.
It is perhaps one of the better sporting biographies released in the past year due to the honesty of the Hitman's accounts. Aswell as give great information of his most important fights, from his amatuer bouts to his more prestigious title fights with Kosya Tszyu, he provides at the end of the book the statistics for every one of his professional fights.
Ricky Hatton delivers his story with humour while exploring his journey to become the best 10 stone fighter pound for pound. From medals to belts I am pretty certain he has not left anything out. A good read from a hard working well respected athlete.
So...how did the boy who lost to his younger brother matthew in a kickboxing match when he was young end up being the Hitman, one of the most glorified 10 Stone fighters in the world?? It could be his pre performance breakfast or his hard work in training. You could on the other hand read the book and find out how he bacame a hero to a loyal army of fans.
It will make you love the sport. A certain recommendation from me. I actually rate it at 3.5 stars, but i have to round up. For many other people this could well be a 5 star book.
Published by Ebury Press, 345 pages in paperback. Bought for £6.99 from WHSmith, purchase from Amazon for slightly cheaper deal.
Summary: Ricky 'Hitman' Hatton is the worlds greatest 10 stone boxer, the pride of Britain and Manchester
More reviews in the field of Biography
- The young Henry
- Michael J Fox: A memoir of his life
- Entertainment from an entertainer
- The Fall of Berlin, but not of one woman.
- Bear Grylls: Englands Youngest Hero
- Taking care of 'em
- The Constant Gardener
- Truly heartbreaking and moving.
- If you read one true crime book in 2013, make it this one!
- This poor child - Someone help him please
- Sleepers - Lorenzo Carcaterra
- Shakespeare: the Invention of the Human - Harold Bloom
- If This Is a Man / The Truce - Primo Levi
- The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother - James McBride
- Mr. Nice - Howard Marks
- Marco Simoncelli: The tribute book - Rossella and Paolo Simoncelli
- Poirot and Me - David Suchet
- One Direction: The Official Annual 2014 - Harper Collins Publishers
- In My Shoes: A Memoir - Tamara Mellon
- I Love Niall - Jen Wainwright