Newest Review: ... understated. When you put a disk in, you'll be greeted by a rather stylish looking beam of blue light that appears on the unit (it turns wh... more
Cheap BRANDED Blu-Ray Player
Member Name: camers
Advantages: Low cost, Blu-Ray 2.0 Profile Software
Disadvantages: No HDMI lead
This blu-ray player was on offer after christmas at Comet for £99 with three blu-ray films. The films included were Slum Dog Millionaire, Terminator Salvation and Angles & Demons. This was an amazing offer so I had to snatch it up, hopefully there are similar offers to date.
I have never owned a blu-ray player but it is my understanding that most do take a while to do the initial loading after inserting the disc. I estimate it takes up to 30seconds for this process to complete and after that it will boot the film, starting the trailers or the main menu.
It also comes with Blu-ray 2.0 which is capable of Blu-ray Live! which enables up to date on demand content. This content is supplied via the onboard network interface card which you can plug into your home computer network for it to access the internet.
I just can't beleive it is actually a good player and best of all, made by Sony. It really looks the part in the living room and seems a lot more expensive than what I paid for it.
Summary: A low cost Sony blu-ray player - that's right!
More reviews in the field of Blu-Ray Player
- A fantastic Blu-ray player that will make all your friends jealous
- Samsung has scored a perfect 10!
- Amazing BD player, Sharp should take notice!
- The Idiot's Guide to Blu-ray
- A pretty good performing player let down big time by one major flaw!
- The Sony BDP-S350 has stood the test of time.
- Great quality for a good price
- Fantastic to begin with but out dated now!!
- Sony Made A Great Blu-Ray Player :)
- Nothing to Feel Blu About!