Newest Review: ... Rather than being a board game, this shows the technological advancement and the changing nature of presents and games now this is an ... more
More of a gadget than a game
Member Name: elizabethcullen
Advantages: Good concept
Disadvantages: novelty product really
A few years ago these were all the rage and I remember that so many people used to have them, it was dead exciting to go up to someone and get their 20Q to guess what you were thinking, indeed for it to read your mind! However these seem to have gone into decline now, but I got one as a Christmas present a few years ago.
Rather than being a board game, this shows the technological advancement and the changing nature of presents and games now this is an electronic machine. It is a small device that can be easily held in the palm of your hand, but unfortunately the size means that it could also be easily lost!
The concept of it is that you pick an object and then think about it in your head for a while. You then start a new game with 20Q where the automated computer inside it will ask you 20 questions in order to try and guess what you are thinking of. If the computer does not get your answer within 20 questions then you have won and beaten 20Q! However this doesn't really happen at all often.
It is a nice concept but for me it doesn't really work. Currently on amazon it is costing £5.50 for the normal version, or around £10 for an updated version. This isn't too bad, but I just don't feel that the product has enough longevity to buy it, there is probably something else a lot better you could buy. This is because once you have gotten over the initial novelty of it reading your mind, you won't really be wanting to constantly use it - I know I certainly didn't! However it is good in a way for only children to have a game they can play alone!
Summary: Good concept but doesnt really work as a product
More reviews in the field of Board Game
- Another classic game that has been given a modern-day upgrade...
- Old Macdonald had a farm
- All sing along... 'Heads, shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes'
- Catch Froggio if you can
- Magical Game!
- Headbanz for Kids
- Lovely game from ELC!
- The Cube: Can you beat the cube? I doubt it!
- A fun memory game
- Lots of fun...but god, the noise.....
- Tomy Get a Letter Family Game
- Fantasy Flight Games Wiz-War
- Green Board Games BrainBox Art
- Fantasy Flight Games Nexus Ops
- Fantasy Flight Games Tannhauser: A of Eldritch Horror and Heroism in the Great ...
- Fantasy Flight Games Talisman: The Blood Moon Expansion
- Disney Minnie Mouse: Draughts Board Game
- Orchard Toys Jack And The Beanstalk
- Disney Headbanz
- Revelations Game