Product Type: Hasbro board games
Newest Review: ... reason, like giant chess or giant foosball (some call it football, i think), but it may be the least necessary. I cannot even fathom the r... more
Great game, ridiculous price
Hasbro Giant Connect 4
Member Name: Burning_Darkness
Hasbro Giant Connect 4
Advantages: fun for children and adults, easy to assemble/disassemble
Disadvantages: extortionately priced
Giant Connect 4 is exactly the same as its tabletop counterpart but scaled up considerably; the game consists of a blue vertical grid into which the 2 players must take turns to place counters, with the intention of getting 4 of their coloured (red or yellow) counters in a vertical, horizontal or diagonal row whilst simultanously blocking their opponent from doing the same. It's an engaging, moreish and very simple game with a reasonable scope for strategy, and is good, diverting fun.
The grid is just over 1metre high, making the game especially good for children (6-12), and the larger version with its hand-sized counters means that the game is even suitable for younger children, even those too young to really grasp the rules, who can still use the game-set to experiment with colours and shapes. Concersely, its slightly frustrating for adults, the tallest of whom will have to stoop to play.
The game is mde of brightly coloured plastic and is rainproof, although I wouldnt advise leaving it out in all weathers but rather to store it in a shed or cupbard, (its straightforward to dissassemble and pack away), and genearlly its a great product, but for one flaw- the price. Many online retailers are selling it for as much as £150 plus p and p, which is a hell of a lot to pay for a few bits of scaled-up moulded plastic. Hunt around and see if you can find it cheaper, (much cheaper), or, failing that, make your own equivalent garden-game with some wood and some paint.
Summary: only worth getting if you cna find it much cheaper than amazon's price
More reviews in the field of Board Game
- lets make some money
- Do not pass Go! Do not collect £200. Go straight to Jail!
- Scramble the screwball through the obstacle course
- not a favourite in our house, would be if it worked as it should
- Frantic hippos need feeding
- Are you frustrated?
- that'll be £5 please
- Memory, Matches and Mayhem!
- tic toc tic toc
- Fantasy Flight Games Wiz-War
- Green Board Games BrainBox Art
- Green Board Games Hidden Exoskeletons
- Green Board Games Horrible Histories: Rotten Romans
- Fantasy Flight Games Nexus Ops
- Galt Snakes & Ladders and Ludo Game Set
- Hasbro Monopoly Despicable Me 2
- Chad Valley Football Games Table
- Orchard Toys Rocket Game
- Black Stories Mystery Edition