Product Type: Innovention Toys board games
Newest Review: ... combined with lasers (or something like that). I would agree with it. If you are a fan of chess this game will entertain you! It is not ex... more
Chess with Lasers!!!
Member Name: kirstymc
Advantages: Addictive with loads of game play.
Disadvantages: Might make your head hurt
Many people think that Chess is the ultimate game of strategy even to the point of calling people who are a bit good (well maybe really good) at Chess Grand Master!! Now I agree that chess is a brilliant game but if we are honest it is a bit dated and fuddy duddy, what could possibly happen to chess to bring it into the 21st century??? Well lasers of course. This is clearly what the makes of Khet thought when making their strategy board game.
Khet is a game of strategy for 2 players.
The game is played on an inset chequered board with a laser on the players right hand corner. Each player uses either a set of red or grey playing pieces based on Egyptian designs pharaoh, obelisk, pyramid and djed column, the key pieces being the Pharaohs. The aim of the game is to hit your opponents Pharaoh with your laser beam. You do this by strategically placing your mirrored pyramids so that your laser beam will bounce of the mirrors and hit your opponents Pharaoh.
The basic game play is thus:
1. Players take alternating turns.
2. You can move any piece 1 square in any direction or rotate a piece.
3. You press your laser and see where it takes you.
4. If the laser lands direct on a playing piece that piece is removed from the game.
5. Play continues until either players Pharaoh receives a hit.
When I looked through the rules of this game it seemed really complicated but it is not. It is definitely the type of game you have to set up and and go through the game rules as you play. There are a few different ways to set the game up based on a more attacking or defensive game.
This is a really interesting, addictive and brain testing game. The basics are easy to pick up as you don't have to worry about which pieces can move in which direction or how far. I found the angles and reflective elements of the game will drove me crazy at first. It took me about half an hour just to work out how to make my laser go anywhere other than straight ahead whilst my boyfriend was pinging about all over the place - maybe its a female poor spacial awareness type thing but at least we can multi task. Once you have got your head around the effect the mirrors and angles have you feel really clever, are on your way and it is time to develop a strategy.
My boyfriend and I have been playing this game for about a year and are completely addicted. Every game is different without the repetitive patterns we have found ourselves falling into with chess. The whole game play is fiendishly clever and you will really need to be on your toes. You can also purchase extra pieces to incorporate into the game to add another dimension.
Everything about this game is great and it is sure to keep you entertained for hours. I purchased Khet from Amazon for £30 but you can probably find it cheaper elsewere.
Summary: Chess with lasers....
More reviews in the field of Board Game
- Don't Beat Dad (Let Him Win For Once!)
- Is it a bird? ... Is it a plane? ................Is it a sandcastle???
- Monopoly City
- Scrabbalicious Fun
- No one is too old or young for this game.
- Good to go!
- Great simple game thats fun to play
- Pop Up Pirate gets a Caribbean makeover!
- A monster with a strange shudder!
- Frustration rebranded to appeal to Angry Bird lovers.
- LB Group Free Time 4 Kids Mega Snakes & Ladders Game
- Mayday Games 160 Premium sleeves for 7 wonders
- MB Doodlebops Get on the Bus
- Nintendo Chess Super Mario
- Learning Resources Learning Resources Money Bags Coin Value Game
- Paul Lamond Lottery
- Millennium Orion 6 in 1
- Orchard Piggy in the Middle
- Waddingtons Ratrace
- Uberplay Motley Fool's Buy Low Sell High