Product Type: Mattel board games
Newest Review: ... This is neat as it enables the board to fit in the box without being folded and it makes it smaller when playing so it fits on a coffee tab... more
Bezzerwizzer - Strategious Trivia Game
Mattel Bezzerwizzer Trivia Game
Member Name: kirstymc
Mattel Bezzerwizzer Trivia Game
Advantages: Great game play
Disadvantages: Can take a while to get the hang of
If there is one thing that I love it is a good old fashioned board game and am always on the look out for something to usurp Trivial Pursuit as my current king of board games. When I stumbled upon Bezzerwizzer on Amazon for £11 I thought this may be a contender.
Bezzerwizzer is essentially a first to the finish type game in which you are rewarded for your strategy and knowledge of everything from Architecture to Sport.
* Split into teams - 4 in total
* Each team picks a coloured counter and the corresponding coloured Baezzerwisser and Zwap tiles.
* Each team then picks randomly picks 4 catagory tiles and places them in order of preference on their tile board.
* Each space on the tile board is attributed points from 1-4 - the idea is to place the categories you are most confident in in te highest scoring spaces.
* You take turns to answer questions beginning with the lowest scoring tile - you receive the corresponding points for each correct answer and move around the board accordingly.
* After each round of tiles they are put back into the bag and each team picks again.
* Bezzerwizzer tiles - you can play a Bezzerwizzer tile to steal your opponents points by answering their questions. More points are attributed for playing a Bezerwizzer tile before the question is asked.
* Zwap tiles can also be played at anytime. These tiles mean you can swap catagories with other layers or rearrange the point order.
* The winners are the first team to reach the finish line.
When I first played this game I found the rules a bit confusing and took a while to get the hang of it.The scoring and use of the Bezzerwizzer tiles seemed convoluted but it is worth taking the time to get familiar with it as it adds a great aspect to what could have been a run of the mill question and answer game. There are 13 question categories which mean there is a wide variety of questions and you are sure to find a specialist sunject amongst them. I personally found the questions much more challenging than Trivial Pursuit and would say that the game is targeted more towards adults.
The first time I played it was just against my boyfriend so we could not completely appreciate the strategy aspect of the game. Although I did enjoy stealing his points every now and again. It was also good to lumber him with some of the harder categories. I subsequently played with 4 teams and I have to say this is a much better way to play the game. There is a much better opportunity for scoring extra points and Bezzerwizzer and Zwap tokens can be used much more effectively. There is also a better opportunity to send players backwards meaning that even if you are not doing very well you can prevent your opponents from reaching the finish line.
This is a great game that it is worth trawling through the rules to play.
Summary: Bezzerwizzer - Strategious Trivia Game
More reviews in the field of Board Game
- A great game to get children excited about maths
- Happy little shoppers!
- You're Invited!
- Who does not love lasers?
- You don't have to face the governess, beast, Barrster or the sinnerman, you just ...
- Funny how exciting practicing maths can be in the right context.
- Walk With Flippers, Row a Boat, and Play the Drums
- A fun memory game
- Lots of fun...but god, the noise.....
- Paul Lamond Lottery
- Millennium Orion 6 in 1
- The Resistance
- Orchard Toys An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
- Waddingtons Ratrace
- Paul Lamond Very Hungry Caterpillar Game
- Vivid Imaginations Electronic Fib Finder
- Orchard Toys What a performance!
- Living & Learning Soundtracks Game
- Character Options Splashy the Whale Game