Newest Review: ... green in colour for English 8 ball with dimensions of H 41cm W 115cm L 192cm, this is a typical 6 foot table, although the game is so... more
Pool, 8 ball
Member Name: Jonny Crossdresser
Pool, 8 ball
Date: 01/07/00, updated on 01/07/00 (65 review reads)
Advantages: Fun, easy to pickup on
Disadvantages: Can be expensive
Pool, in my opinion, is by far greater than snooker. It requires less skill, less effort, less time, less precision potting and lower costs. Anyone can play this highly popular game and the rules can be pretty much make 'em up as you go along if you don't know them.
The drawback in our local is they allow 8 year olds on to destroy the cues, mark the cloth, lose the chalk and spend half an hour playing a game that should take 10 minutes max.
The price pretty much varies between areas - I've seen it as low as 20p in a village cricket club, and as high as £1.50 in a city centre pub!
Anyone can learn to play pool, but it helps if you play snooker, as when you convert to using the smaller table the pots seem alot easier. A laugh a minute guaranteed, with pure snookers and fouls galore. Good for a laugh with your mates or for competitive play with the masters.
More reviews in the field of Board Game
- Mayday Games 160 Premium sleeves for 7 wonders
- MB Doodlebops Get on the Bus
- Nintendo Chess Super Mario
- Oxford Games Ltd. Playing Shakespeare
- Paramount Digital Entertainment Scene It? The Simpsons Scene It? DVD Interactiv ...
- Hasbro Despicable Me 2 Operation Game
- Ravensburger Bob the Builder Shapes and Colours Game
- Disney Snakes and Ladders
- The Little Mermaid Under the Sea Treasures Game
- Alphabet Lotto