Newest Review: ... however I thought that as the other products are ok, that I would be able to use this. Unfortunately I found the scrub started to stin... more
Fat Girl Scrub for my fat girl body!
Bliss Fat Girl Scrub
Member Name: kama0529
Bliss Fat Girl Scrub
Advantages: Exfoliates well. Moisturises well. Gorgeous smell. OK for sensitive skin. Refreshing.
Disadvantages: Pricey (if not reduced).
I have to admit that when I saw a pot of Bliss Fat Girl Scrub on the shelf in House of Fraser it was the name that really jumped out at me. I thought the name was really funny and it really appealed to me in it's honesty - and as it was also reduced, I decided to buy it. The non-reduced price in House of Fraser was £26.50 - which I thought was pretty expensive for an exfoliator, but the reduced price was £13.00 which I felt was much more acceptable. I hadn't heard of "Bliss" before and so didn't know whether it was a high quality brand or not - but I do know that House of Fraser usually only stock good quality products because I was willing to try it "blind".
The scrub comes in a bright pink tub with a screw top. Each tub contains 248g of the scrub and so it's certainly enough to last a while. My tub lasted me about 6 weeks with me using it twice a week over most of my body. The information on the tub tells you that this is suitable for all skin types. As I have sensitive skin I was a little concerned about how my skin would react, but my skin did not react in a negative way at all. It seems fairly gentle - and yet an effective exfoliator.
The smell of the scrub is gorgeous. It is a mixture of citrous and mint - and it's really very nice. I find the smell to be very refreshing and uplifting, and the fresh smell remains on my skin after I have used it. It's not overpowering like some bath products can be, but the fragrance is evident and present.
In order to use, I used with my scrub glove and just put a small amount onto the glove and then gently massaged into my skin. The first thing I notice is that the mint has a cooling effect on my skin - and this feels very refreshing. The scrub is quite gentle.....so gentle infact that initially I felt that that maybe it wasn't exfoliating at all. However, once I had got out the bath after rinsing the scrub off, not only was my skin beautifully moisturised, but it also get wonderfully exfoliated and clean. I was really very impressed.
I've now used this for the last 3 months and I have come to the conclusion that this is a fantastic product that I recommend highly.
More reviews in the field of Body Care
- sweet as candy
- She's Sold on Sanctuary!
- Sweet sweet vanilla
- Silky, Smooth And Relaxed
- A sensuous trip down the Nile
- An overpriced body butter without the WOW factor...
- Feeling tired and sluggish, blow your socks off and cobwebs away with this.
- a lovely product from Soap and Glory :)
- The Body Shop Coconut Milk Body Lotion
- Fruity Skin
- Jergens Naturals Daily Moisturising Body Moisturiser
- Dolce & Gabbana The One Golden Satin Body Lotion
- DP London Firming & Smoothing Body Cream
- H&M Raspberry Body Splash
- Calvin Klein Beauty Body Lotion
- Lavera Body Spa Organic Honey Moments Body Oil
- Lavera Body Spa Organic Lavender Secrets Body Lotion
- Lavera Body Spa Organic Lime Sensation Body Lotion
- Lavera Body Spa Organic Lime Sensation Body Oil
- Lavera Body Spa Organic Lavender Secrets Body Oil