Product Type: Dove Body Care
Newest Review: ... just indifferent to Dove product. It's a brand I will use and do trust, but since Dove products seem to be priced a bit higher compared to... more
Dove for Smooth Skin
Dove Pro Age Beauty Body Lotion
Member Name: jjrose
Dove Pro Age Beauty Body Lotion
Advantages: Thick consistency, nourishing
Disadvantages: Can't really prove the 'pro-age' claim
My skin is becoming used to deep moisturisation and I can't go without either lotion or body butter. I have to travel between home and university a lot and being such a forgetful person I am, I managed to left my Body shop body butter at home. So, as soon as I was at my Uni flat, I rushed to the nearest supermarket (Sainsbury's) to get an emergency body lotion or butter on sale, as well as getting gorceries of course.
Dove is a brand I am familiar with but I am not a frequent buyer of Dove's product. There is no particular reason however, I am just indifferent to Dove product. It's a brand I will use and do trust, but since Dove products seem to be priced a bit higher compared to most supermarket brands, I usually buy whatever soap or beauty products on sale. However, when I went shopping that one time, they were doing a half-price promotion on the Dove Pro Age range. So, I managed to get this Dove Pro Age beauty body lotion for £2.50, which is half the price of it's normal retail price.
The product comes in a dark maroon coloured bottle as shown in the picture. The bottle hold 250 ml of lotions, and for £2.50, it is quite a reasonable price. The bottle has a push-down pump at the top to dispense the lotion. The lotion itself is quite thick and vicious compared to most other body lotions I have used before. The consistency is almost similar to body butter, which in my opinion is a plus because thicker lotion holds the moisture for longer. Although the down side is that it can leave a 'sticky' feeling on the skin for awhile after application.
The lotion contains Dove unique Deep Care complex formula with glycerin and olive oil for deep moisturisation. From my experience, I didn't really feel the difference in the skin. However, I do think the moisturising ability of this lotion is quite satisfactory. On cold nights, the skin on my limbs feels less dry and tight. For an emergency buy, this turned out to be pretty good. Personally, I really like the scent: it has a refreshing quality of a fresh shower fused with exotic herbs and spices.
Overall, Dove Pro Age body lotion does a good job. I am not quite sure about its claim as 'pro age' but it does have some deep nourishing quality to it.
Thank you for reading and reviewing. :) x
Summary: Nice body lotion for cold winter nights
More reviews in the field of Body Care
- Summery lemon goodness
- Forget hypnosis - Deep Sleep all the way!
- E45 comes to my rescue.
- For thirsty skin that needs a bit of TLC
- rich and moisturising body butter, slightly too sweet though
- Soap & Glory The Righteous Body Butter - come have some luxury with this body bu ...
- Soap & Glory Flirtigo Body Moisturising Mist - A variety of uses
- Gorgeous butter but not a patch on the other fragrances available
- 'It rubs the lotion on it's skin. . .'
- The Sanctuary Body Butter - wrap me in luxury -
- Jason Fragrance Free Body Wash
- Jason Citrus Body Wash
- Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina Hourglass Lifting & Firming Body Lotion
- Aromatherapy Associates Rose Body Indulgence Set
- Aromatherapy Associates Revive Body Gel
- Ahava Velvet Cream Wash Lotus Flower & Chestnut
- Ahava Velvet Cream Wash Honeysuckle & Lavender
- Green People Nurture Body Lotion
- Green People No Scent Hand & Body Lotion
- Jason Glycerine & Rosewater Hand & Body Lotion