Product Type: Dove Body Care
Newest Review: ... reason, I simply have to use a good quality body moisturiser, and currently Dove Visible Difference is the one I am using. I have actu... more
Dove Visible Effects Body Lotion
Member Name: ridgeway27
Dove Visible Effects Body Lotion
Date: 31/07/10, updated on 31/07/10 (80 review reads)
Advantages: effective, does the job, sturdy packaging, pleasant smell
Disadvantages: takes some time to absorb into my skin - but other than that, nothing
I often receive free samples from companies wanting to encourage custom through testers being sent out.
I have had a few samples from Dove and they are always of a generous size which I feel allows sufficient usage for me (as the consumer) to gain real benefit from using the product, meaning I know that I want to purchase it.
The sample I received most recently was 50ml in size and in a minature sturdy bottle. I have been carrying it around with me for a few weeks and using it to moisturise as and when, and have found it more than adequate for the job. The texture is smooth but takes a little while to absorb into my skin (which is usually defined as being 'normal').
There is a scent which can be attached to the product which is pleasant not too over-powering, but is noticeable.
Aqua, Glycerin, Dihydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tapioca Starch, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, amongst many others.
Bearing in mind that this is a product test/trial the packaging is very tough, sturdy and ideal for a stardard everyday situation where the product is used regularly or from time-to-time, or even if someone wished to take the product with them and needed it to be portable.
I am unsure of any accurate pricing on this product as I have not seen it in the shops yet, but am lookiing for ward to it because I am interested in buying more of the product.
I guess it would depend entirely on price as to whether I would purchase this product as a full-size product, because while I do like it and have been using it regularly and am happy with the results - there is a limit with how much I would be prepared to spend on the product because I believe there are no shortage of great moisturisers available - and in all shapes/sizes which should allow easy transportation and long-lasting packaging.
It is for this reason I have provided the product with 4 stars because it does the job and I would use/buy it again, but the price will influence my decision to do so.
Summary: fantastic little product which does the job.
More reviews in the field of Body Care
- Sliky Skin in an Instant!
- Fantastic body lotion from Kate Moss
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Illuminating Moisture Cream
- A great moisturiser from boots
- A moisuriser that smells like strawberry milkshake
- Roses for you Skin!!
- Brilliant cream for lasting hydration and calming sensitive skin.
- Advocation of Avocado
- Clarin's claim "it's every woman's eye want"! Agreed - but - more like need!
- My Trapezius is throbbing!
- Boots Fairtrade Extracts Coconut Body Scrub
- MenScience Pigmentation Repair Formula
- Lulu's Time Bomb Trouble Shooter Neck, Jaw & Chest Cream
- MenScience Advanced Body Powder
- BareMinerals Extra Firming Neck Cream
- Twilight Volturi Twilight Reign Scented Body Mist Wicked Cinnamon Spice
- Whish Pomegranate Three Whishes Body Butter
- Whish Lemongrass Three Whishes Body Butter
- Whish Almond Three Whishes Body Butter
- Whish Lavender Three Wishes Body Butter