Product Type: Garnier Body Care
Newest Review: ... a small hole to squeeze the lotion out. The label tells me this is produced by Garnier Body, gradually builds a natural looking, sun kis... more
Get a Tan in the Rain!
Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion
Member Name: blonde_girl774
Garnier Summer Body Moisturising Lotion
Advantages: Gives a Good Colour, Moisturises Skin & No Streaks.
Disadvantages: Smells a Little Like Fake Tan.
The market seems to be flooded with fake tanning products, since the launch of Johnson's Holiday Skin lotion every other brand seems to have jumped onto the tanning wagon and brought out their own version. As summer is rapidly approaching, despite the current weather outside my window which consists of hail stones, many places seem to have some sort of promotional offer on this various lotions and sprays in an attempt to urge you to start glowing ready for the summer.
Last summer I came across Garnier's answer to fake tan, their Summer Body Moisturising Lotion. Garnier are most well known for producing a range of products which boast "high performance, innovative beauty products" which are "inspired by nature" and "enriched with naturally sourced ingredients." They offer a mixture of body care, hair care and skin care products which can be found in stores such as Boots and supermarket chains also.
The Summer Body Moisturising Lotion comes in a peachy coloured bottle with a white plastic lid. The Garnier logo is clearly displayed on the front and the flip up lid means opening the bottle is easy and you've not got to worry about screwing on the lid when your hands are covered in cream. The peachy colour gives a lovely sensation of golden, summer skin and presumably the colour is meant to entice you to buy the product due to its association with the sought after golden skin.
The lotion itself is white and quite thin in consistency compared to other fake tanning products such as Johnsons which is a much thicker cream. This one really does pour out and is more like the viscosity you'd expect from a shampoo than a moisturising cream probably. The lotion has that undeniable fake tan smell about it but it's much less noticeable than other versions which are currently on the market. There is also quite a strong smell of apricots to this product which is actually quite nice.
To apply the product you simply need to dispense a little into your hands and apply evenly over any areas you wish to be tanned. That sounds quite easily but you do need to really make sure you cover every area to avoid any blotches of un-tanned skin. It soaks in really easily although I do find it best to give it a good five minutes once I've finished applying to thoroughly soak in before getting dressed.
The next morning I've always woken up with a light golden tan that obviously intensifies if you use the product on a continuous basis. It's a very natural looking colour that simply looks like you've spent a day or two in the sun. It results in a really even tan as well; I've never encountered any blotches or smearing while using this lotion which is a really good sign.
The only thing I'd recommend if exfoliating after a couple of days as I do sometimes find that the effect goes a little patchy after about three days. If you apply it on a Sunday you'll find the colour remains quite intense for the Monday and Tuesday, starts to fade on the Wednesday and then is pretty much gone by the Thursday.
Just a few tips:
* If you've got any areas of dry skin make sure you moisturise them thoroughly before applying this to ensure that you don't get any "clogged" areas of summer body lotion.
* When you've applied wash your hands thoroughly with soap and then apply just a little amount of lotion to them - as you're applying the product with your hands it can clog up and give you orange hands!
* If you're fake tanning your face then make sure you put Vaseline on your eyebrows if you're blonde and if you apply at night brush your teeth before you apply the product, otherwise you'll end up with a white ring around your mouth
* If you fake tan at night as I do always shower the morning after you've applied if you don't want the product to stain any of your clothes, wear old or dark pyjamas too!
I really like this product and would probably rate it as my favourite tanning lotion at present. It also contains camomile which means it actually moisturises as well as tans your skin, this really does work as I notice I wake up with much softer skin in a morning when using this compared to other fake tanning products. It gives a light and natural looking tan and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy at all.
In Boots it retails at £5.65 for 200ml although it's currently on offer at £2.82. I tend to use it about twice a week on the upper half of my body only and I've had my current bottle since the end of January and am nearing the halfway mark, therefore I'd say it's pretty good value and does last a while - as the lotion is very thin it goes much further than a thicker cream. Johnson's Holiday Skin Body Lotion is currently £4.99 for 250ml in Boots so the Garnier one is a little more expensive normally, but totally worth it.
Thanks for reading!
Summary: A tanning moisturiser from Garnier.
More reviews in the field of Body Care
- Payot Celluli Performance Special Cellulite & Stretch Marks
- Payot Dermforce Masque Soothing Restructuring Care
- Payot Dermforce Soin de Jour Soothing Protective Cream
- Payot Design Lift Levres Smoothing Plumping Care
- Wild Ferns Rotorua Mud Body Lotion
- Avalon Rosemary Hand & Body Lotion
- Avalon Lemon Hand & Body Lotion
- Natures Aid Comfrey Oil
- Faith In Nature Revitalising Body Lotion
- Payot Cassonade Delicious Body Scrub