Product Type: The Sanctuary Body Care
Newest Review: ... has an orange screw off lid that is easy to use and does not leak. I like products that come in tubs as it allows you to get all of the ... more
Butter me up
The Sanctuary Body Butter
Member Name: kat1234
The Sanctuary Body Butter
Advantages: luxurious, smells lovely, moisturising
The Sanctuary is a spa in covent garden so, as with any spa product, this would definitely fall well into the 'luxury' 'pampering' product category. I actually received a small tub of this as part of a Sanctuary gift set at Christmas but it is available to buy in pots of 300ml for £9.20 - direct from the Sanctuary, online of at Boots. The Sanctuary website boasts that this has won 'numerous awards' including Best Bath Treat by Essentials 2012 Beauty Top 100.
The body butter comes in a round clear plastic tub with a bright orange lid - the signature colour of the Sanctuary range. The butter itself is more like a very thick cream in consistency. I usually use Body Shop body butters which have a much more solid appearance. It is white in colour and has a thick, glossy appearance - it even looks luxurious! It has a strong scent which is divine - really distinctive and 'expensive' smelling.
It is made from shea butter and cocoa butter, the oil from macademia nuts and sweet almonds and has added Vitamin E. It is great for adding moisture to the skin and I use all over my body after a shower, when my skin can feel particularly dry. It is really easy to apply as you can scoop up as much as you need with it having a creamy consistency rather than a harder butter like feel. It rubs into the skin easily and is absorbed rapidly too, meaning you can dress quite quickly without your skin feeling greasy. It leaves my skin instantly feeling softer and more hydrated and also leaves it lightly scented with it's divine smell. I instantly feel pampered and uplifted. After use, my skin feels much less dry and remains moisturised for hours - the scent also lasts well which is an added bonus. I do have a tendency to sometimes develop dry patches of skin and I find that this clears them up really quickly. It is also great for areas of skin that are naturally drier - elbows and knees - giving them a much nicer feel and appearance. After several uses, my skin really did seem no look noticeably better - it also felt in much better condition - tighter and firmer. Not quite a miracle worker but not far off.
Overall, a luxurious body butter that smells divine and does a fantastic job. It makes a fantastic gift (even if it is to yourself!) and is great for a pampering session - fabulous!
More reviews in the field of Body Care
- Mango Madness!
- Find the moisture in the mist
- What a Scrubber!!
- Refreshen and tone with Garnier
- Vanilla Body Lotion
- Subtly Scented Sensitive Skin Soother
- The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter - Come share a Christmas smell with me
- Boots Botanic Enriching Body Cream - Full of natural plant extracts
- Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Buttercream Luxury for the skin
- Jason Fragrance Free Body Wash
- Aromatherapy Associates Support Supersensitive Body Oil
- Aromatherapy Associates Renew Rose Body Cream
- Green People No Scent Hand & Body Lotion
- Avalon Grapefruit & Geranium Hand & Body Lotion
- Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina Lifting & Firming Body Lotion
- Aromatherapy Associates Renew Rose Massage & Body Oil
- Lavera Honey Body Lotion
- Lavera Honey Body Oil
- Aromatherapy Associates Support Supersensitive Massage & Body Oil