Product Type: The Sanctuary Body Care
Newest Review: ... has an orange screw off lid that is easy to use and does not leak. I like products that come in tubs as it allows you to get all of the ... more
The Sanctuary Body Butter
Member Name: Ninski1
The Sanctuary Body Butter
Advantages: Leaves skin soft and nourished
Disadvantages: Overly perfumed and expensive
I have used Sanctuary products on and off for as long as I can remember, usually having been given them as gifts sets or having purchased them myself when Boots have a 3 for 2 off running.
You can currently purchase a 300ml tub of the Sanctuary Body Butter for £9.50 from Boots (June 2013).
The body butter comes in a tub that is opaque white and has an orange screw off lid that is easy to use and does not leak. I like products that come in tubs as it allows you to get all of the product out and at this price you will be wanting to get your monies worth.
The body butter is a soft orange colour and contains shea butter, cocoa butter, macadamia nut oil, sweet almond and vitamin E which are supposed to work together to leave your skin feeling soft and well nourished. The body butter is thick, but not as thick as others I have used, such as the Boots own body butters. However the body butter soaks into my skin well and leaves it soft, less dry and also smelling of flowery almonds! The scent of most of the sanctuary products in very distinctive and lingers for a long time after application. I find that it conflicts with other products and is best used on its own. In addition I have sensitive skin and although the body butter does not irritate it, I cannot use it on my legs straight after shaving as it stings.
Overall, I am undecided as to whether or not to recommend this body butter as it does leave my skin feeling soft and nourished, but I cannot use it everyday and also find it to be expensive and overly perfumed. So if you can over come these issues it may be the product for you, if not I would stick to others that are on the market.
Summary: Good results but not good for sensitive skins
More reviews in the field of Body Care
- Sublime Superfruit Body Butter By SBC
- The Body Shop Pink Grapefuit Body Mist
- Absorbs like a dream, but the results don't seem to last
- The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Puree
- An Essential Lotion from Boots
- Almond Body Butter
- A much loved Christmas gift
- Another burst of the key lime pie citrus sugar fix
- Marks & Spencer Florentyna Body Lotion
- Oriflame Ultra Rich Body Cream
- Elave Junior Body Wash
- Elie Saab Le Parfum Body Lotion
- Nivea Men Cool Kick Anti Perspirant
- Nivea Firming Body Lotion With Q10 Plus
- Neal's Yard Soothing Massage Oil
- L'Occitane Verbena Home Perfume
- Oriflame Body Lotion with Triple Cereal Active
- Lush The Greeench Dusting Powder