Product Type: Neutrogena body care
Newest Review: ... a battery and 14 pads in the starter pack. I found the machine triicky to open, but once I had the battery in, you just press the swit... more
Neutrogena Wave- As easy as 1, 2, 3
Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser
Member Name: rubarbandginger
Neutrogena Wave Power Cleanser
Advantages: Low cost, really improves the skin tone, texture and cleanses really well.
Disadvantages: Having to purchase refill pads
*The products claims*
Revolutionary NEW power cleanser that will transform your cleansing routine: an intense deep clean for a refreshing feeling and remarkably softer skin. Clinically proven to provide exceptional cleansing in 3 ways:
* Tingly, cool foam penetrates deep into the pores to efficiently remove dirt, oil and make up
* Gentle vibrating motion stimulates skin's surface - feel the massaging action open pores to enable the lather to get deep into pores.
* Softly textured pads sweep away dead skin cells - skin is immediately softer and smoother and just use.
*Directions & my suggestions*
1. Attach the disposable pad to the attachment head. - These are so simple to add, the machine end feels like a Velcro type texture and because the pads are made of fibre they simple stuck to the pads making them secure. No fiddly attachments here.
2. Hold the power cleanser under running water to activate cleansing pad. -I found adding only a tiny little bit of water onto the pad worked better as this stopped the cleanser running down your face when you reached your forehead area.
3. Turn on by pressing power button and gently massage over face. Avoid delicate eye area. - Again I found that moving the Neutrogena Wave in circular motions around the face worked best giving better results overall.
The wave comes in a cardboard pink and white box with a viewing window on the front. It clearly shows 'wave' written at the top with Neutrogena at the bottom.
The wave comes complete with 14 pads, 1 AA battery, the power cleanser and the attachment head.
I am currently going through the menopause which has caused my skin and I too fall out. Recently it seems to think it's attached to a teenager when in fact in am in my late 20's. My once glowing, healthy looking skin has changed into an oily, dry, scabby mess and my cheeks have become sensitive and dry, my chin also is very dry and feels hard, I have tiny visible pores and black heads and my forehead is visibly oily with a persistent boil. As you can imagine I am desperate for a way to get back my pre-menopause skin and tried many big brands and supermarket own brands, I have tried aromatherapy and supplements to no avail.
I heard about the Neutrogena wave on a blog and thought I should at least give it a go as it was only £2.49 brand new on Ebay. I have seen this go for a variety of prices across the internet from £9.99 up to £24.99. I was willing to try anything to improve my skin situation. I actually purchased mine brand new from Ebay for £2.49 I'm unsure of the exact price elsewhere but I have seen them vary from £9.99 up to £24.99
Once it arrived I decided to give it a go, it was still morning and I hadn't yet got ready so opened the box, quickly scanned the instructions, attached the cleansing pad to the hand help gadget, run it quickly under the cold tap and switched it on. Straight away I noticed how soft the pads where and I was starting to think how the heck is this going to clean my skin? I was used to large grainy exfoliator so this was new.
Then after a few seconds it started to foam slightly which grew more steadily the more I moved it around.
I was also wondering how this was any different from washing your face and here's what I found:
1. The vibrations are not 'waves' as suggested but slightly buzz. When your cleansing your face you will wonder 'what the heck is this going to do' as it feels more like the hand section buzzes more than the facial end. BUT once you have finished cleansing your face still feels like it is buzzing and it's at this point that you can feel your skin soften and improve. Maybe due to the extra blood going to your face?
2. As a user of exfoliator which is quite rough on the face and can strip the skin of its natural oils therefore making more oils resulting in oily skin (I know I know I should have stopped using it) The Neutrogena Wave's pads are rough enough to slough away dead skin but soft enough to make sure that you're not fully stripping the skin of goodness.
3. Those little pads do really work. They cleanse your skin; exfoliate away dead skin cells and clear blackheads. I haven't ever come across a product that shows visible results after 1-2 uses and has improved my blackheads.
4. I have been using the Neutrogena wave on my whole face including my jaw bones, cheek bones and neck area and have noticed that my face looks more defined and younger, not sure if this is to do with the extra blood going to those areas but this was definitely a positive that isn't listed on the packaging.
5. It's quick! Fully cleaning the whole skin in a matter of minutes with make-up ready skin. It saves time so you can grab a cup of coffee in the mornings
Overall I would recommend this for others to try. I know there are a lot of bad reviews out there saying that this causes blackheads and pimples but I know that I haven't had these experiences and my skin was bad before. I was left wondering if those who have a bad review are cleansing there skin after using the Neutrogena wave with water. If they aren't then the bubbles and soap (or whatever comes out of those pads) will cause spots and pimples just like any facial wash or cleanser would if left on the skin. This is most definitely a gadget that I will continue to use and has been the best £2.49 beauty gadget that I have ever purchased.
Summary: Neutrogena Wave - Washes away bad skin