Product Type: Olay body care
Newest Review: ... a radiant healthy glow. 3. Tone enhancement...balances colour and visibly reduces appearance of age spots. 4. Gentle exfoli... more
I love the Effects!!!
Olay Total Effects Day Moisturizer
Member Name: Dee22jr
Olay Total Effects Day Moisturizer
Advantages: Great everyday moisturiser for dry/dehydrated and normal skin
Disadvantages: Wouldn't recommend for oily skin and slightly expensive
After having tried so many moisturisers in my teens and looking for something that didn't dry out my sensitive teenage skin, Olay Total Effects SPF 15 worked just perfectly for my dry/combination skin. My mum introduced it to me after she switched from Olay Complete Care.
So I've been using Olay Total Effect for ten years or so (At 16 I know I was very young for anti-ageing creams but it was the first cream that didn't dry out or breakout my skin so I simply stuck to it!)
It costs anywhere between around 8 - 15 (depending on which high street store you buy it at)
It is often on special offer and to be honest that's the only time I buy it even if it means I stock up (simply shopping around ensures you find the best deal :)
Packaging and usage
Once out of the box it's a very impressive bottle (50ml) with a black pump dispenser and transparent lid (upon opening I often get carried away trying to get the first pump of product out and end up squirting an unnecessarily large amount onto my hand!) I tend to use two small pumps for my face and one small pump for my neck however I do have dry/combination skin, so you may need to experiment with how many pumps of moisturiser you need before you find the right amount - my mum for example only uses one pump of moisturiser for her face and one pump for neck.
Overview of product
This is a fantastic moisturiser for those with dry skin and most normal skin types however I feel it may be too heavy for oily skin types.
I find that instantly after applying the moisturiser my skin has a healthy glow and feels incredibly comfortable throughout the day. For me it is a great base for make up although I don't wear foundation everyday, but the days that I do wear foundation it just glides on very smoothly.
Does it work?
I think the main attraction of this moisturiser seems to be the "effects" it has on the 7 signs of aging - here's my opinion on what effect it has on my skin:
1. Minimize lines and wrinkles - I haven't noticed any lines yet at 26! (maybe I'm to young for that sign.. or maybe it has worked!?)
2. Nourishing and moisturising for a healthy glow - most definitely for me
3. Balance colour and reduce appearance of age spots - keeps the colour of my face balanced (I have olive skin and I am very prone to darkness in certain areas of the face) and the SPF 15 definitely helps
4. Smoothes and evens skin tone - yes to both
5. Helps to prevent damage to skins surface - yes 99% for me. Before I started using this moisturiser my skin would scar badly from spots and would take a long time for the scar to fade if at all, but this cream does contain Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E) - which is great for preventing scars - and I barely scar from the odd spot I do get (so this is a Huge thumbs up from me)
6. Helps to reduces appearance of dark circles - has not made any difference to my very dark circles unfortunately
7. Helps to reduce dryness - yes 100% (but only when its on my skin - if I haven't used the cream my skin is as dry as ever)
Overall I use this product everyday and have done for the last 10 years so I think it's fantastic and for me I cannot fault it - and I even get the odd "Your skin is always glowing!"
Definitely worth a try!!!
(this review also on ciao under same user name)
Summary: Excellent moisturiser for dry skins, although a little pricey-often on special offer so a great buy!