“ Brand: Ten Years Younger / Texture: Cream / Type: Day Cream / What it does: Protects „
After much grumbling about the tell-tale signs of facial lines and wrinkles creeping up on me, my Mum bought this for me.
~ Price and Packaging ~
This was priced at £4 for 50ml from Ethel Austin in January. I haven't seen it anywhere else other than on ebay.
This comes in a cuboid box inside of which there is a small transparent thick glass tub with a red screw top lid.
Under the lid the top of the tub is sealed, a good sign of whether or not it has been tampered with. This is very easily removed to reveal a good size hole at the top of the simple but slightly elegant looking tub.
~ What is Q10? ~
Since I had very little knowledge of what Q10 is then I have taken much of the following from the packaging:
- Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant produced naturally in the body.
- Q10 neutralises free radicals which are a main source of skin cell deterioration.
- Q10 is essential in the production of elastin, collagen and other skin molecules.
- A cell's ability to produce Q10 declines with age.
- In most people over 30, the Q10 levels are below optimum thus accelerating the ageing process.
So there you have it and given that I am 30+ and in fact nearing 40, this cream ticked all of the boxes for me, based on the concept of Q10.
~ What is this cream and what does it promise? ~
- This is a day cream which moiturises, firms and tones.
- Visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Enriched with vitamins A & E
- Contains rich fruit acids which leave your skin refreshed, firm and radiant.
- Provides an excellent base for make-up.
- Contains a UV-filter
- Contains grapeseed oil and silk proteins.
~ How to use this ~
It is advised that this is applied after cleansing your skin. Apply it sparingly and massage with finger tips until completely absorbed.
~ My Experience ~
- The texture -
This is a very light moisturising cream which is very quickly absorbed in to my 'normal' type skin.
So often, moisturising creams take a while to absorb completely but not so with this one and no grease or shine is left on my skin.
- The smell -
This has quite a strong scent to it but since I like it, that isn't a problem. It's a light, clean, 'summery' smell.
- Does it moisturise my skin? -
Yes it does. No dry, tight feeling on my skin after using this day cream and I haven't found it necessary to re-apply any during the course of the day.
- The Dreaded Wrinkles and Lines -
I was perhaps foolishly expecting a visible reduction in the appearance of my not so fine lines and wrinkles but this moisturiser just hasn't given me this after a few months of using it.
So in short, the claims on the packaging haven't worked for me at all!
~ Overall ~
- Smells good
- Adequately moisturises my 'normal' skin
- The tub / pot
- Contains a UV filter
- Hasn't made me look 10 years younger!
- Failed in it's claim to reduce my lines and wrinkles
Although the disadvantages are fewer than the advantages, listed above, the disadvantages for me outweigh the advantages as the sole purpose for buying this was to reduce the signs of ageing!
My face is equally, if not better, moisturised by E45 although I wouldn't get the good smell but £4 is a lot to pay for the smell on my face.
I shall continue using this until I finish it as it is an adequate moisturiser but will certainly not be buying another pot of it. Perhaps I've left my lines and wrinkles for too long and they are just beyond repair!!
Had this been a bog-standard moisturiser the star rating would have been higher but since it claims to visibly reduce lines and wrinkles and it has failed for me that is why I have allocated only one star!
(Review also posted on ciao)
Specially formulated to moisturise, tone and protect the skin while visibly reducing fine lines and wrinkles / Contains active Q10, Vitamins A & E as well as a protective UV filter /