Product Type: Asda Breakfast
Newest Review: ... for 2 including semi-skimmed milk, so a pretty healthy breakfast. The packaging is very similar to the branded type, with a yellow cardbo... more
Why pay more
Asda Wheat Bicks
Member Name: Kelly1981
Asda Wheat Bicks
Advantages: Taste just as good as the branded alternative
I used to regularly buy Weetabix because, most of the time I could find them in various shops on offer for £1.00. About 6 months ago I noticed an acute lack of offers and at £1.78 for 24 felt I was being ripped off. Although not one to deviate from branded cereal, I saw this version by Asda for 2 for £2.00 and thought I would give them a try. Nutritionally they come in at 198 cal for 2 including semi-skimmed milk, so a pretty healthy breakfast.
The packaging is very similar to the branded type, with a yellow cardboard box containing 2 plastic strips each containing 12 biscuits. I put 2 in my bowl and poured over the milk. There are many other ways to eat these, my children like boiled water over them first before cold milk in the winter to warm their tummies.
I like to wait until the milk has soaked in to give a softer consistency; this took no longer than usual about 10 seconds. I sprinkled a little sugar (know I shouldn't but can't cope without it) and now for the taste test. They are fine. By this I mean they're just the same as Weetabix, which lets face it are never going to be a taste sensation. We eat these because they're healthy and keep you full. They were a nice texture, and didn't go sloppy too quickly and I didn't need to keep topping up my milk either. I went off to work and didn't feel hungry until about 11 o'clock snack time as usual.
The biggest test in our house was still to come - my partner and son. I once suggested deviating from branded cereals and was met with looks of utter disgust. So I cunningly replaced the plastic strips from the new box to an old branded box so they wouldn't be put off before they had even started. Surprise, they didn't even notice so I'm sold. I buy a 24 pack a week so in 6 months I have now saved around £20.00. Definitely a good swap.
Summary: See above
More reviews in the field of Breakfast
- What's So Special Then About Special K?
- Goldilocks Would Approve
- OATS & HONEY FOR YOUR BREKKIE!......Special K Oats & Honey
- Give Yourself A Ready Brek Glow!
- Delicious Honey Nut Clusters With Chocolate Curls!
- My most favourite cereal from childhood - and it's still as tasty as ever!
- Biscuits of wheat.
- Cornflakes, but less boring.
- Sounds just like broken vinyl.
- Oat clusters with belgian chocolate.
- Jordans Super Berry Granola
- Jordans Crunchy Granola Special Fruit and Nut
- Jordans Crunchy Raisin and Almond Cereal
- Jordans Country Crisp Four Nut Crunch
- Jordans Country Crisp Raspberry Clusters
- Jordans Country Crisp Flame Raisin
- Weetabix Ready Brek Chocolate
- Weetabix Ready Brek
- Mornflake Nut and Honey Oatbran Crisp
- Weetabix Organic Wholegrain