“ Brand: Jordans / Type: Muesli / Food quality: Organic food „
* Prices may differ from that shown
A few weeks ago, I went to a Hotel and had what I thought was this cereal, so when I seen a box for £1.89 at my local Netto I purchased it as I`ve seen it advertised for £2.95 ish elsewhere. I`m not a huge muesli fan but when I had it at the hotel it was packed with hazelnuts, raisens and sultanas. This one has toasted british wholegrains with hazelnuts, raisens, sultanas & sunflowers, it also states no added salt or sugar. On looking at the appearence of the box its quite distinctive, its lightish green, with a white top and white writing. It contains 725g of product and where the cereal bowl is on the picture, thats the actual muesli inside the dish. It has a see through bag inside the box. The box is made from 80% recycled with the remaining 20% from sustainable forests. And you can pop it in the recycling when empty so its goo for our planet. On pouring out into the bowl , I must be honest I seen alot more grains than I did fruit, it supposed to have 35% fruit but they were probably talking about the weight. But it did appear to have more than other brands I have tried. To serve this product it says use milk, but I prefer to warm my milk as it softens the grains. It was tasty, and I did enjoy it but its not my favourite. And didnt taste anything like the one in the hotel which they said was jordans. Im also worried about the nutrititional values, I do read these as I like to know what I`m eating, it says no added sugars but there is 19.3g in this box which is about 20% of an adults daily allowance. To be honest the taste wasnt for me and it did take a bit of chewing , at the full price I wouldnt buy it, I thought it lacked ingredients and was basically a low quality. But it was filling and I felt full for longer than other cereals Ingredients ======== British Wholegrain Cereals 65% Dried fruits and nuts 32% Sunflower Seeds
Jordans Muesuli is one of my favourite muesli's and being organic makes it even better! It can be pricey so unfortunately I dont buy it often but when I do have the pennies I like to make it last. I have seen it at different prices in tesco and sainsburys and it seems to be around £3.00 per box. the packaging a very 'organic' looking box with a lush green and a off white section at the top. In the bottom left hand side of the box there is a transparent section where you can see the muesli in the box which is different to most boxes. The packaging seems exessive to other muesli's as they mainly have plastic bags so they have made themselves stand out but have extra packaging which is not so good. The muesli itself is delicious I have it either with milk or natural yoghurt,. With a lot of muesli's I would add extra nuts or raisins to it but this one I feel like it has everything you need in the cereal. For a 50g serving will 100ml or semi skimmed milk its 222 calories and 6.1g of fat. Which is great to start you day off and perfect for a balanced diet. I find that it really keeps me going until lunch time and its good for a little snack if you get peckish and need something extra! I would buy it definitley if you ever see it on offer!
Jordans organic muesli is one of my favourite breakfasts. It's packed full of all natural ingredients, is free of salt and sugar, and as its name promises, it's completely organic. Everyone has their own favourite way of preparing muesli. A lot of people just add some milk and eat, but I prefer to load mine up with fresh fruit. I also don't add milk. I pour out a layer of muesli into the bowl and add enough apple juice to cover the bottom of the bowl to just below the top of the muesli, then I leave to soak for half an hour. When the muesli has soaked, I add at least two different fresh fruits, usually chopped up apples and halved grapes, and if I have any other type of fruit like strawberries or apricots I add those too. Then I add 3 heaped dessertspoons of plain yoghurt and one teaspoon of manuka honey, and mix. This is quite delicious and very filling, and keeps hunger at bay for absolutely hours. A 50g helping with 150 ml of semi-skimmed milk contains 222 calories. The list of ingredients reads: British Wholegrain Cereals (65%) (Wheat Flakes, Oat Flakes, Toasted Wheat Flakes) , Dried Fruit and Nuts (32%) (Sultanas, Raisins, Coconut Chips, Roasted Hazlenuts), Sunflower Seeds. My only gripe about this product is that it used to come in one plastic bag, with all the information printed on the bag. They've recently changed this to an opaque plastic bag (of the sort you find inside most cereal boxes) inside a cardboard box. So while the rest of the world is trying to cut down on packaging, they seem to have increased theirs.