Product Type: Quaker Breakfast
Newest Review: ... husband described it as like eating wood, so it may not be for everyone! There are plenty of raisins per serving and they are a decent si... more
Quaker Oat Granola
Member Name: elbar1
Quaker Oat Granola
Disadvantages: slightly hard
My mother in law dropped off a few boxes of these the other day. They were on offer in Morrisons so she bulk bought and then having tried it, realised they were too hard for her teeth. So let that be a lesson to all you denture-wearers and sensitive teeth people out there.
I do not find it too hard at all. In fact one of the best things about this cereal is its crunchiness.
The granola consists of many oat clusters of varying sizes and lots of juicy raisins. The hard crunch of the clusters compliments the soft chewiness of the raisons. Overall it has quite a sweet taste, which is probably why I like it so much.
With a young baby needing attention and lots to do around the house, I tend to get on with other things while eating breakfast and so it can take me up to an hour to finish a bowl. The great thing about this cereal is that the larger clusters stay crunchy even after an hour. Though generally after that length of time the rest is a bit mushy, but what wouldn't be?!
Nutritional Info per 50 gram serving:
205 calories (very low for such a sweet energy boost.)
Quaker Oats Granola cost in the region of £1.70 to £1.90 for a 600 gram box. It does not last me a full week though. Because I adore it I tend to have very large bowls of it.
More reviews in the field of Breakfast
- A tasty and warming start to the day.
- Everyone loves a crunchy nutter
- Get Your Oats Here! Sainsbury's Taste the Difference Porridge - a Cut Above the ...
- Revisit your childhod and treat yourself to a Variety pack of mini boxes of cere ...
- What you Weet-ing for? Try some!
- Special K has lost it
- Special Breakfast
- Oatibix Porridge Golden Honey
- Rice Krispies Squares Crazy Choc
- Weetabix Weetos Chocolate Flavour
- Quaker Oats So Simple Nuts, Seeds & Orchard Fruits
- kellogg's Coco Pops Moons and Stars Cereal
- Mornflake Muesli Swiss Style With Apple
- Dorset Cereal Simply Nutty
- Dorset Cereal Toasted Coconut & Wheat Flakes
- Dorset Cereal Variety Pack
- Sharpham Park Fruit & Fibre Flakes