Product Type: Tesco Breakfast
Newest Review: ... to make it up, there is a full nutritional chart shown and contact details for Tesco are clearly stated. The only issue I have with this is... more
Something worth telling you about, as its amazing value
Tesco Value Porridge Oats
Member Name: huggy2009
Tesco Value Porridge Oats
Advantages: Great value, great taste
I know there is a campaign at the moment for food products not to be reviewed on this site, but I am reviewing this as it has made more of a difference to my life in terms of health and helping me not snack, than many of the games, dvds and books i've reviewed, if this review makes a few others buy the product then surely its been a help, just as reading a review on this site of this product gave me the push to try it.
A particularly relevant product during our Mini Ice Age, this porridge oats are packaged in a cheap large clear bag with the Tesco Value markings.
It actually tastes really good, when you boil it in milk and add sugar or jam, its a really filling and tasty start to the day. I've found that since buying the porridge my morning snacks haven't been neccesary at all.
There are 359 calories for each 100g serving, although you would have to be a big eater to have that much in one sitting. There are 8.1g of fat and 1.5g of sugar in a 100g serving, which is incredibly healthy and much better than most other starts to the day.
Unlike some porridge, this isn't too stodgy or tastes like woodchips, it is a really nice tasty component to breakfast that has a nice consistency and texture.
The Porridge takes 5 minutes to cook with milk or water and is both warming and filling in equal measure, i've found this has given me energy each day and is incredible value and is a 5 out of 5 product for me.
At 57p for 1kg of Porridge, this is incredibly good value, its available in most larger Tesco stores as well as via the Tesco website. It costs about a third of most other cereals and for me is healthier and more filling.
Summary: Something worth telling you about, as its amazing value
More reviews in the field of Breakfast
- Choices Choices
- I'm Feeling Fruity... And Fibrey!!!
- Great fresh crunchy satisfying cereal
- Special K Sustain
- Moon & Stars
- I'd rather have a bowl of Coco Pops
- Yum yum porridge on a budget!
- Variety is the spice of a mouse's life, maybe
- Tesco Honey nut corn Flakes
- Remember Toppas? Remember Frosted Wheats? ...
- Kelloggs Mini Wheat In Cup
- Mestemacher Walnut Wholemeal Bread Sylt
- Mestemacher Natural Rye & Spelt Bread Whole grain
- Mestemacher Bread Pumpernickel
- Kelloggs Pop Tarts Chocolate Fudge
- Quaker Oat So Simple Original
- Quaker Oat So Simple Variety Pack
- Quaker Oat So Simple Cinnamon
- Quaker Oat So Simple Indulgent Cream Caramel
- Quaker Oat So Simple Apple Sultana Raisin & Cranberry