Product Type: Hoya camera lenses
Newest Review: ... does work the images you can get are stunning. A lot of my filters are made by Hoya and I've always found them to be of great quality so... more
Have some fun with your camera
Hoya R72, 52 mm
Member Name: RyanUK
Hoya R72, 52 mm
Advantages: A good price
When I started to get into photography late last year, I saw some IR photos and thought they looked very cool. Especially ones of snow scenes. So, early on this year, I decided to get myself a lens and try it out.
This model is for cameras with a 52mm lens and screws on to the end (check the lens to see if it has threads for this). Don't screw it on too tightly or the thread might get damaged on the camera (at least for superzooms they usually seem to be plastic).
When you switch on the camera, don't be surprised to see a blank picture on the LCD. If you are indoors, the light won't be right. They work best outdoors and when the colour settings are experiment with. To start of, try setting your camera to black and white mode. After that, experiment with the colour settings/AWB and see what looks good for you. Also use a long shutter speed as it really improves results.
While I was in Spain, I got some interesting shots of the sun in various colours. (Of course, don't look directly into it... use the LCD.)
The lens is great. Does what it is meant to and the price is good. From my research, I found that it is a good brand, too. A Japanese company, which is well known for making optical equipment.
Summary: A good quality filter from a good manufacturer and it won't break the bank.
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Camera Lens
- A fantastic lens! a comepelte must have item
- Good quality glass filter
- Great little lens!
- Worked well for me
- Great lens
- Kit lens time
- A very good 'kit' lens but not for artistic photos.
- Cheap as chips but still flashy
- Photography in it's prime. (Bad joke alert.. sorry!)
- You want sharp images? You found your lens!
- Canon EF f/2.8 IS USM 24 mm
- Sigma f/3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM 18 - 200
- NEC NP18ZL
- Samsung EX-S30NB
- Sony SAL1650
- Hama Digital High Resolution UV O-Haze, 46 mm
- Hama Digital High Resolution UV O-Haze, 49 mm
- Hama Digital High Resolution UV O-Haze, 52 mm
- Hama Digital High Resolution UV O-Haze, 55 mm
- Hama Digital High Resolution UV O-Haze, 58 mm