Newest Review: ... In 2010 my partner decided to pursue his lifelong dream of joining the navy. Sadly due to an injured shoulder he could not join but t... more
Supporting Help for Heroes and keeping my tax disc in place
Help for Heroes Tax Disc Holder
Member Name: x-cupcake-x
Help for Heroes Tax Disc Holder
Advantages: Supporting a charity, space for breakdown membership card
As my little brother is for the time being serving in the Royal Navy Help for Heroes is a charity that I'm keen to donate to and will throw some coins into a tin if I ever see someone collecting for them and wear my Help for Heroes wristband with pride.
A few months ago now I went to visit my parents and my mum told me there was a little something for me on the table. Being a bit of a big kid I love surprises and was keen to see what she had bought me. I saw the tax disc holder straight away, and recognised it as being a Help for Heroes item due to the four bears pictured on it.
The tax disc holder has a slot where you slip in your tax disc and another little section at the top which is the size of a credit card and holds my breakdown membership card perfectly.
The holder is self adhesive and providing your windscreen is clean and free from any residues it will attach without any problem.
From the inside of the car you can see the four Armed Forces Heroes bears, with the Help for Heroes logo just below them, on the main body of the tax disc holder. At the top of the holder where you can place a recovery membership card is the website address for Help for Heroes. We are also told that it is made in the UK, contains reclaimed PVC and is recyclable.
When in place on the windscreen and looking at it from outside the car, the tax disc can be easily seen and at the top above the disc is the Help for Heroes logo and website address, so that anyone being nosey or checking your road tax can see your support for the charity.
I must have had this holder for over six months now as I've definitely had to put a tax disc into it twice - once when I first got it and again not long after when I had to renew my tax and my tax expires at the end of November. I find it easy enough to get the tax disc out when I had to replace it as even though it is stuck on the screen rather than the clingy type of tax disc holder which can be taken off and put back on again, the pocket is slightly bigger than a tax disc so the disc doesn't get all scrunched up when you're putting it in.
Overall I think this is a great little tax disc holder and beats the boring red one I had in previously and at £2 it's very reasonably priced.
Available from the Help for Heroes online shop.
Summary: A nice tax disc holder
More reviews in the field of Car Accessory
- Are they the best car scents? Like Yankee Candles?
- A product to get rid of those pesky stains
- A useful reminder to others to back off!
- A Good Addition To Your Boot
- Candles in the Car??
- I am very proud of my Jelly Belly
- Helpful Henry
- for those little accidents...
- Tesco Car Mats 4 Set Rubber - Great Fit for the larger Car
- Yankee Candle Black Cherry Car Jar
- Prodriver Car Bulb Kit
- Tesco Car Mats 4 Set Rubber
- Febreze Car Discreet Vanilla & Winter Glow
- Swizzels Matlow Retro Sweets Drumstick Lollipop
- Yankee Candle Macintosh Spice Car Jar
- Sealey CCS Car Cover Small 3800 x 1540 x 1190mm
- Sealey CCXL Car Cover X-Large 4830 x 1780 x 1220mm
- Sealey TCCL Caravan Cover 5800 x 2250 x 2200mm
- Sealey TCCM Caravan Cover 5200 x 2250 x 2200mm
- Sealey TCCS Caravan Cover 4260 x 2250 x 2200mm