Product Type: Sony in Car Audio
Newest Review: ... is easy to remove from the front face off your audio player. My previous player had real trouble with this functionality, but with this i... more
Great for playing music from my iPhone!
Sony CDX GT23
Member Name: k444tmc
Sony CDX GT23
Advantages: Looks a bit basic compared to other models but red lights match my car - reliable
Disadvantages: bit fiddley when installing to car
To be honest I never actually purchased this CD player, it was my ex's - I had a newer Sony model in my car - just before we split up he put my CD player in his car as his did not work with a SUB he had just purchased. At the time we split up it was impossible for me to get it back - due to him being locked up at the police station with his car keys with him - so I just took his so I wasn't losing out.
Although I really liked my own CD player as it was a newer model and looked a lot better than this model, with this also being a Sony model I knew this would be just fine as I have always had great experiances with Sony's.
As previously mentioned I didn't buy this new and this was the first time in my life I had ever attempted fitting a car CD player.
I had about 30 minutes of bother trying to get the CD player working - I got it into the slot just fine as the old cage was already there from my old CD player - it can be fiddly if some of the connections fall out which is what happened with me and it kept losing power. I also had to unswap the connections once as they were in the wrong way and was not saving my settings as a result - apparently this is a common problem for people fitting any type of car CD player. In my opinion anyone can fit one of these just follow the manual if not sure!
The CD player is mostly black in colour as are most of the buttons. Two of the buttons do appear in red and the unit lights up red on the lights when in use. The fonts on the screen are white. I love that the unit lights up red as so do all the other lights inside my car! Love this better than my old CD player as the lights used to clash with the inside of my car!
The best features
* Its very easy to use - like similar CD players figuring out what everything does is just common sense and the manual is very clear and helpful - If you do not have a manual you can get this on the Sony website.
* This CD player has a removable front unit - which also comes with a case to place this in if you need to remove it. You do get this feature on a lot of CD players these days and I think its great as it may put off a thief wanting to break into your car as it looks like there isn't an expensive CD player in there.
* This Sony model can be used with radio frequencies / CD's / AUX (which is a stereo cable) - my favourite and most used method is the AUX as I like to play my music from my iPhone - and a lot cheaper than having to burn my music to CD's every couple of weeks.
* For an older model I am really pleased that it does display whats being played on the screen for the radio (shows radio station name) and CD's (for CD's you have made yourself you will need to make sure you added this information on the CD yourself).
* From what I have been told you can connect this to some SUBS and AMPS - I am not very technical though so if you do purchase and you want further information you would be better talking to a shop like Halfords for further information.
* Compared to my old standard Seat CD player which used to cause lots of noise / interferance when going over bumps in the road this CD player doesnt cause any similar problems its very reliable.
* The sound coming from this is great - would be better with a SUB / AMP though!
Overall I am very happy with this CD player. As previously mentioned I love the design and the fact that the red lights match the rest of the lights in my car... and also as a female who is not very technical you appreciate how easy this is to use!
Overall the sound coming from it is great and has never caused me any problems. What more could I want?! Would recommend to all...
Price & availability
It doesn't appear that anyone sells this brand new anymore but I did come across a second hand one on Ebay for £25.00 buy it now... So it can be a real bargain if you find one!
Summary: overall its a great cd player and would recommend to everyone
|Ease of use:|