* Prices may differ from that shown
I normally use a different brand of de - icer but I given this last year to try out.
The bottle I used had 500ml of de - icer. Which looks a load but can be used quickly.
The bottle is plastic and clear which helps in seeing how much of the blue liquis is left after use.
The last time it car was frozen with ice on windows I used this ice - icer.
I tried this in the same way as my other trigger sprays de-icers...the nozzle at the end of the cap has to be twisted 180 degrees to get it into the open nozzele for use.
Then I Spray it onto the iced up window and allowing the de icer it to work and melt the ice. Cleaned off with a scrapper. That day the ice on the screen was rather thick - so in all I needed a secnd application of the de-icer.
The first thing is that when using have to pump the handle to get enough pressure so that the actual de icer comes out.
The spray fan is ok. Not as large as my normal better known brand de icer. The ice was quicky melted on the wind screen. However I had to use about 20% of the total to achieve a ice free sceen. The other windows used up another 30%. So one cold frostly morning used 50% of the bottle.
This seemed a lot. As the following morning by normal brand used about 20% of the bottle. So I would say that this brand users a little more to clear the windscreen that a more expensive bottle.
But having said this de icer did the job and cleared the ice off my car.
I did not notice a strong smell which is a plus point as many other de - icers do have a chemical smell which can be off putting.
Overall a fair de - icer for cars.
This de-icer is good if you only have a little bit of ice on your windows, as you might have to scrape more off rather than using the de-icer! After spraying my whole car with this on an icy morning there was hardly any left! The cans are more effective than the spray as you can just hold the can spray down and it will continue to flow as for the spray you have to keep pressing it and it needs to be sprayed more than once in one place to get the ice off! Even after using my window wipers for a while that got the majority off than the de-icer! Only use it on a little frosty morning because you'll find it more helpful than having to use the whole bottle on a bad winters morning. I would'nt reccommend this for anyone in frosty places as you'll use the whole bottle.
When we had that cold spell a couple of weeks ago I had to buy an emergency bottle of de icer as I did have any in my car. I bought it to use on the following morning when the car was quite iced up. I chose this bottle as I preferred the trigger design to the aerosol one. I hate having to hold the aerosol so this seemed like a good solution.
==Price and availability==
The cost of the de icer is £1.50 and the bottle is 500ml.
==Description and directions==
The de icer is blue and smells strongly. It is designed to be used in temperatures that are above -5 degrees. The bottle has a large trigger that gives quite a good burst of liquid. The spray needs a few moments of time to work its magic but then it should start dissolving the ice and allow you to see out of your windscreen and avoid all the frustrating scraping. The bottle can be stored in the car so it is already there for your next use. I would say that this bottle should last quite a while as it takes a lot for the bottle to run out. If you hold the spray around 30 cm from the windscreen and spray you will find that you cover a large part of the glass with minimal sprays. Some areas may need a more concentrated blast though.
I used this a few weeks ago and I found it quite successful but on one morning when the temperature was minus 3, the spray started refreezing which was a pain and meant that I had to scrape the ice and frozen de icer off! Overall though, this is much easier than doing it without the spray. I spray the windscreen fully and then spray the windscreen wipers, I then get inside the car and after a few moments I can use the wipers to swill off the rest of the ice. It really is quite a successful product as long as it is not too cold. On the bad weather week in question the temperatures were averaging out at -1 and minus 2 so it was quite good. On the one day that it was minus 3 though it made life a lot harder and I was cursing it!
De-Icer Spray 500ml