“ Manufacturer: Wynns / Type: Accessory „
* Prices may differ from that shown
Before we sold my boyfriend's car we were having a little bit of trouble with unhealthy looking black smoke coming from the exhaust. There was nothing technically wrong with it but the smoke was putting off potential buyers when they came to view the car. My boyfriend, who is quite mad on cars, bought this formula to try and reduce the oil burning and lower the amount of smoke the car gave out in order to try and sell the car quicker for a a better price.
==Price and availability==
The cost of the bottle is £6.99 for a 325 ml bottle so it is ok for occasional use but if you are wanting a permanent solution to the smoke then this will end up costing you a lot of money. You buy this from car care stores such as Halfords and garages.
The product states:
* Reduces exhaust smoke due to oil burning
* Improves the viscosity properties of the oil at high oil temperatures
* Seals the gaps between worn engine components
* Improves compression and engine performance
* Reduces engine noise
* Ensures a strong protective oil film under high temperature conditions
* Is compatible with all mineral, synthetic, single and multigrade oils
* Will not harm catalytic converters
* Suitable for petrol, LPG & diesel engines
* Ideal for cars with excessive blue/grey exhaust smoke due to oil burning
* Especially effective in older engines with worn components
The idea is that the formula dissolves in your oil and this should reduce the smoke due to oil burning. We
added the liquid and for 5-10 minutes of using the car, there was a significant reduction in the amount of smoke. We thought we were on to a winner but then the smoke started again and it just was just back to the same as it was before. We were disappointed with the product but I guess it is not a miracle solution.
Directions: Add contents to the oil when engine is warm, to obtain a good mixture with the oil after adding it, let the engine run or drive with the car for 5 minutes. The bottle of 325 ml treats 5 litres of engine oil.
We bought this to make the car look cleaner and more attractive to potential buyers. We had a girl and her dad come to look at the car and after driving it a short distance they said they were not interested because of the smoke, I guess when people do not know much about cars they presume that there is something seriously wrong with the car, other than it is just a little old. We tried the product and it did have a good effect but it did not last very long at all.
We managed to sell the car but it was no thanks to this product so in light of this, I will be only giving it 2
stars and this feels quite generous.
Exhaust Stop Smoke