Product Type: Avon car tyres
Newest Review: ... job of dispersing the water underneath the tyre to the outside. It is designed with high performance sports cars in mind and is avail... more
ZV-1: Excellent value for money
Member Name: spider-monkey
Date: 16/10/01, updated on 16/10/01 (2069 review reads)
Advantages: Price, Dry grip, Water-clearing rates
Disadvantages: Er not much
These are about as cheap as directional 'v-tread' tyres come (~£40 fitted from Bathwick Tyres). They look like they'd be the business in the wet.
I had a pair fitted to the front of a Mondeo and the dry-weather performance was very impressive over the 'average' tyres which were previously on there. Very grippy, and quite laterally stable as well.
In the wet, the performance wasn't as markedly metter than I'd initially hoped - on 'merely wet' roads they're not stunning, but once the real rain comes and big puddles appear, the tread starts working pretty well. I suspect other v-tread tyres will clear better, but for the money these are good. Once I had a full set of four I felt much safer under braking at motorway speeds.
Wear rates aren't bad either - they seemed to last me longer than normal. Maybe partly because they slide less.
I'm now trying to wear down the tyres on my Astra so I can buy some more :)
- Nankang CX668 145 R15 77T
- Nankang CX668 135 R15 73T
- Cooper CS2 155/70 R13 75T
- Cooper CS2 155/65 R14 75T
- Cooper CS2 155/65 R13 73T
- Michelin Latitude Tour HP 255/65 R16 109H
- Michelin Latitude Tour HP 255/55 R18 105H
- Michelin Latitude Tour HP 255/50 R19 107H
- Michelin Latitude Tour HP 245/70 R16 107H
- Michelin Latitude Tour HP 245/65 R17 107H