Product Type: Pirelli car tyres
Newest Review: ... almost a million miles without ever having to change a wheel at the side of the road. That said, if Pirelli can offer the convenienc... more
Member Name: smit99
Date: 09/09/00, updated on 09/09/00 (2620 review reads)
Advantages: Water clearance
Disadvantages: Wet road grip, flimsy sidewalls, price
I've recently changed all four tyres on my car for Pirelli P700Z's. This cost a not inconsiderable sum of £220.
I would have to say I have never spent £220 and been so dissapointed!! These tyres are good, but not exceptional on dry tarmac, and they do tend to squeel if the car is pushed moderately hard in to a tight corner.
Also, on close inspection the tyres seem to be wearing quite quickly. I think maybe the tyre sidewalls are quite soft, causing the outer edge of the tyre to dig in when taking fast corners, thus wearing the outer edge very quickly.
The wet weather performance I feel is very poor. On a wet roundabout there is just no grip whatsoever. 3rd gear wheelspin should not be possible in a Punto, but it is with these tyres on!!
The only good thing I can say about them is that they seem to clear standing water very well, and you don't have to worry about aquaplaning through puddles.
- Kenda KR20 215/45 R17 91V
- Jinyu YH12 205/60 R15 95H
- Kenda KR20 215/45 R17 87V
- Kenda KR20 205/55 R16 94V
- Kenda KR20 215/40 R17 83V
- Michelin Latitude Cross 265/65 R17 112H
- Michelin Latitude Cross 265/70 R15 112T
- Michelin Latitude Cross 265/70 R16 112H
- Michelin Latitude Cross 275/65 R17 115T
- Michelin Latitude Diamaris 215/65 R16 98H