Product Type: Uniroyal car tyres
Newest Review: ... a 185 60 14 size they were priced between £23 for a budget tyre, £37 for the Uniroyal / Firestone and £52 for Pirelli / Michelin. I'v... more
Uniroyal - the rain tyre
Member Name: johnt
Date: 07/09/00, updated on 07/09/00 (5648 review reads)
Advantages: good grip, excellent in the wet
I have recently replaced all 4 tyres on my car, with the mot coming up thought it might impress the examiner a bit..seemed to as it passed okay.
These tyres are priced at the mid range. For a 185 60 14 size they were priced between £23 for a budget tyre, £37 for the Uniroyal / Firestone and £52 for Pirelli / Michelin. I've found Pirelli's to give good grip but their soft rubber compound means that they wear out very quickly.
The budget tyres often wear out more quickly and do not give as much grip. I'm very pleased with the Uniroyals, it's amazing the difference you get by changing all the tyres. The old ones were quite worn and I hadn't realised just how much this had effected the handling. These give good grip and are very good in the wet. They call Uniroyals the "rain tyre", I can see why now.
A good tyre at a reasonable price.
More reviews in the field of Summer Tyre
- Kenda KR20 205/55 R16 91H
- Kenda KR23 195/70 R14 91T
- Kenda KR20 205/55 R16 91V
- Kumho KH27 205/55 R16 91H
- Kenda KR20 205/55 R16 94H
- Fulda Carat Progresso 185/55 R14 80H
- Fulda Carat Progresso 175/65 R14 82H
- Fulda Carat Progresso 165/60 R14 75H
- Fulda CARAT EXELERO 195/45 R15 78V
- Fulda Carat Attiro 195/65 R14 89H