“ For ages 3 to 12. ECE groups II & III. Back rest position changeable. Comfortable arm rests. Side impact protection. Comfortable arm rests. Head rest has 7 positions. Optimised belt guiding. „
These Car Seats are a fantastic buy :
1. Value for money ...whilst prices vary for the different colourways they are approx £84.99 and that makes it less than 1p a day if you use it from ages 3-11 yrs as recommended.
2. The padding on these seats is so superior to seats such as Britax, Maxi-Cosi, Recaro etc... To my mind there is no competition for comfort.
3. SAFETY ..these seats are absolutely brilliant ..see the crash test pictures on their website (www.concord.de) These show you what happens in an accident of just 17-19mph side & rear impact on a basic 'box' booster & then the concord ..believe me ..this will really help you make up your mind if you are in any doubt !
4. The law is changing (probably May next year) and ALL children under 4'11" will HAVE to have a car Seat (booster) (approx 10-11yrs). **About time too !*
5. Did you know that even up to 10-11 Yrs your child should not sit in the front seat of your car if your car has a passenger airbag ? The impact of the airbag is made to take the weight and height of an adult ..it can seriously injure your child !!!!
6. There is a gorgeous range of colours available .. they are in two price brackets the 'comfort line' which is styled differently (it is the older style of Lift car seat...then there is also the lift evo ..the newer one ) although there is a newer one coming out soon ! All the fabrics are washable, I have washed both of mine and they do wash well !
All in all I don't think that you can find a better seat in terms of Safety (1st & foremost), Design and comfort and affordability.
I wholeheartedly recommend this product 100%
My son is only 2 years of age but is now too heavy for his britax clubclass elite (maximum weight 18lbs) which was meant to do him until he was four (roughly). Britax advised me that the seat itself was okay for him, but the five point harness was not, and that he needed a seat which would utilise the car seat belt. Having spent the best part of two days looking at what was available, we were very disappointed in the choice and also the quality. Now you might think I am being paranoid, but the majority of seats out there have the seat belt round the childs neck at a stange angle, and with very little padding to the side, and these would probably be fine for a four year old, but my son is only two and is still a relative baby in the car seat stakes. I wanted something that was slightly more robust in terms of neck support, and a better fitted seat belt adjuster (most brands had either horrible plastic clips to hold the seat belt in place, one in particular flew off when we were testing it! or more worryingly, a tie that you secure to the seat to hold the car seat belt down!) In Halfords, we stumbled across the Recaro Startrite (very nice.... ages 4 - 11 price £175.99) but it was too expensive, and I suspect my son will want out of a seat well before then anyway. The second seat of interest was the Concord Lift Pro (£79.99 - age 4 - 11 roughly). The seat belt goes through the padded headrest which is adjustable, therefore wherever the childs head is, the seatbelt is the correct height for the neck. No fiddly bits of platsic to adust and go wrong. We bought the padded belt protecter/pillow from mothercare, and my son is as happy as lark - he is sitting up straight, looking out of the window, seat belt in the correct position, no rubbing his neck, and a padded headrest, which, should we be hit side on, will protect his little head and neck. The seat is covered in washable cotton bla
ck and dark green. Dads will love this seat as it is like a racing bucket seat that you would see on a rally car! (no clowns or flowers on this one!) I am glad I took the time to search for the right product. If you are in a similar position with a 2year old that is too heavy for the five point harness - I would recommend this seat. Out of every product out there, (except the Recaro) this one was a clear winner!