Product Type: Maxi Cosi child car seats
Newest Review: ... it has been put in correctly for ease of mind. Once installed, you can then just place your maxi cosi cabriofix car seat on top and pus... more
Click-on, click-off, off you go!
Maxi-Cosi Easyfix Base
Member Name: Radusiq
Maxi-Cosi Easyfix Base
Advantages: makes life easy
Disadvantages: too expensive
Before our little one was born, we decided for one of the safest car seats available - Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, and were kind of tricked into purchase of a base for it by quite a few of our friends who all swore by it and were saying it's a must-have if we tend to drive a lot. The idea is that you keep the base installed in your car, so when you need to leave you just attach car seat with the baby without losing time with seat belts. So, is it really worth it?
Well, let's start with plus points:
- it's very robust, heavy weight item that attaches to a car seat using car seat belts or Isofix anchor point. Mounting is really quick and easy. Even though we were told having a car seat with and without base, and having it fixed by belt or Isofix are all equally safe, I must say my strong preference is base fixed with Isofix. It just feels better...
- Cabriofix (or Pebble, but this I have not tried) car seat attaches very easily, it literally just clicks on, hence fit for the purpose as it saves time I would otherwise be fiddling with seat belt. There are markers on each side of the base - they are red, but change colour to green once car seat is securely attached. Detaching the car seat is, well, easy in theory - there is a plastic lever that requires pulling, however you need to lift the car seat at the same time. Counting on weight of the car seat + weight of the baby, let's say it's an advantage if you need to lose some baby weight :)
And now the disadvantages
- firstly, the position of the car seat in the base is fixed. If you're only fixing car seat in the car using seat belt, you can pretty much choose the angle your baby stays in. With the base it's not possible, and the angle is quite steep. My baby doesn't really mind, but he's just 3 months old so he may find it uncomfortable a bit later...
- the price, a huge minus! It retails at approx. £100-120, just as much as the car seat itself!
- if you don't always drive with a baby, but often take passengers, the base takes space in the car. Sure, it can be removed, but it then takes time and also space in the boot.
I'm glad I have it, but I don't consider it a must-have, definitely not at this price. We spent few weeks driving on holidays without a base, and after few days I mastered the technique of securing the car seat by belts only so that it only took me few seconds more than clicking it on to the base.
Summary: A bit of luxury, but definitely not a must-have
More reviews in the field of Child Car Seat
- Affordable safety for transporting the most valuable goods!
- I wouldn't use anything else.
- Where's that %!@* mirror I think one of the kids is choking!
- Buckle up and boost.
- Hello Kitty booster seat appealing for children.
- You can't put a price on safety
- Stay safe, stay pink!
- You can't put a price on safety (or your sanity!)