Product Type: LeapFrog Child Development
Newest Review: ... and at the same time fun. I came across this great leappad that seemed like a good learning toy. This was available in both pink... more
Leapfrog Leap pad (Learning but fun)
Member Name: caz2480
Advantages: great for kids learning, learning but fun
Disadvantages: bit loud when they find out how to turn volume up and books are quite pricey
Well as it will soon be Xmas, here's an ideal present for your little one!
I got mine for my daughters 1st birthday! bit extreme I know but once i'd seen it on the tv and looked at the Leapfog website (www.leapfrog.com) I just had to have it. Acacia is now just turning 3 and has just started using it.
Each book has an interactive story on one side of the book which you can point the pen at each of the words which the computer repeats. On the other side you have the activity side where you can play counting games, shapes, music etc.
The leappad teaches many things, learning to recognise words, numbers, shapes, colours etc.
Acacia loves her Leappad as she has fun playing with it, and I love it as she is learning a great deal from it at the same time.
You can buy many of the books from ToyRus, Argos, Woolworths and probably a lot more places. There are lots of differnt ones available like Thomas The Tank Engine, Disney Princess and many more.
For those who are interested this is how it works. Firstly with the books you are given a cartridge which holds all the data. This just slots in the side of the LeapPad. Then you attach the book to the top on whichever side you want it (either the story side or the activity side). Then you are ready to GO. Switch the unit on, turn the page, then with the special pen which it attached to the LeapPad, you just press on the green GO sign at the top of the page. Then the child just presses on whatever they like. on each page there are educational games to play.
Leapfrog have now brought out a pink leapPad, which wasn't available when I brought Acacia's. And they also have cases that you can buy so that your LeapPad is portable.
In summary I would definatly recommended for all toddlers, its a great way to start to learn basic reading and maths skills etc.
Summary: Interactive Learning, Fun,
More reviews in the field of Child Development
- Fridge Fun
- Step to the beat
- Fun And Learning, The Leapfrog Way.
- Come on over to Leap's pad.
- Shhh...Don't tell them they're learning
- Ultra annoying apple
- Brilliant toy for fine motor skills and developing literacy.
- Learning fun
- Horrible Science: Beastly Body Bits jigsaw
- I feel a bit hot and cold with this about this one.
- Vtech Dancing Fairies Laptop
- Melissa & Doug Sticker Collection Alphabet & Numbers
- Melissa & Doug Magnetic Pattern Blocks Set
- Physics Teaching Precision Optical Glass Prism
- Leapfrog Disney Princess Stories LeapPad
- Backyard Safari Bug Vacuum
- Leapfrog Clickstart Toy Story Game
- Leapfrog Disney Princess
- Leapfrog Clickstart Finding Nemo Game
- Leapfrog Disney Princess - Maths, Mazes and More LeapPad