Product Type: Boots safety products
Newest Review: ... trapped in a room should the door close behind them. When my daughter started moving around I made sure one of the first things I did ... more
Shut that door!!!
Boots Door Stopper
Member Name: purplekimmy
Boots Door Stopper
Advantages: Keep fingers and children safe
Disadvantages: A little expensive for one
We all remember catching out fingers or toes in doors as a kid and I swear I can still feel the pain. These door stoppers from Boots may not be the cheapest product around, you would think that a shops own brand would be a little cheaper but what price do you put on your child's safety? It is not just the pinched fingers that are an issue, it stops small children being trapped in a room should the door close behind them.
When my daughter started moving around I made sure one of the first things I did was go on a shopping trip to buy all the necessary safety equipment. There are a few doors that we keep closed, but our living room, bathroom, kitchen doors are normally keep pushed open. Now we have a moving child, I bought six of these door stoppers. They stretch round most standard doors, which all of ours are. If the door these are on should inadvertently be pushed shut, the plastic mould stops the door from slamming on little fingers. There will always be an inch gap or so between the door and the door frame. These are a godsend, as even me a 38 year old has slammed my fingers in door numerous times and can vouch for how much that hurts.
The packaging is simple, red and blue card with a plastic covering over the actual stopper. It is easy to get into; it isn't one of the plastic ones where you have to hack at it with scissors to get into it. They are made of firm foam so do not damage your doors if slammed. They only come in white, which luckily fits with all our doors, if your doors are bare wood it might look a little out of place. These should also be used at the top of the door, out of the reach of the ever inquisitive children. They don't work so well when they have been removed by the little fingers they are designed to protect.
Summary: Must have for peace of mind
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- MY OWN LITTLE BATMAN!.......Batman Baby Reins by just4baby
- Swim Little Fish, Swim!
- Peppa Pig watching over your little ones
- Helps baby sleep?? Not in this house.....
- More like an alarm clock than a dreamshow!
- Must Have Safety Precautions! Also Adultproof!
- Pricey but worth it!
- Brilliant monitor - yet to meet a Mum who hasn't wanted one after seeing ours!
- An essential purchase for peace of mind
- Dreambaby Drawer Catches
- Dreambaby DVD & Multimedia Shield
- Dreambaby Extra Wide Car Window Roller Blind
- Dreambaby Ezy-Check Appliance Latch
- Dreambaby Ezy-check Flexi-loop Lock
- Tommee Tippee Sensor Monitor For Movement and Sound
- Tomy Classic TA100 Analogue Baby Monitor
- Sunshine Kids Easy View Ultimate Back Seat Mirror
- Sunshine Kids Soft Wraps Seat Strap Pads
- Sunshine Kids Sure Steps Child Security Harness