Product Type: BT safety products
Newest Review: ... of by baby's night time routine until quite recently at the age of almost 3. The BT150 also comes with a wire which means you can plug the... more
Sleek stylish monitor
BT Digital Baby Monitor 150
Member Name: mrs_w-s
BT Digital Baby Monitor 150
Advantages: Clear sound quality, temperature sensor, easy to use
Disadvantages: Charging problems after long term use.
We bought this monitor when we had our son. My husband researched all the products available at the time and this one came out top although slightly more expensive than the others.
The monitor itself is stylish looking and should fit with pretty much any décor. The material used to make the monitor and parent unit it are of good quality and the rubber covering over the buttons make it easy to keep clean - a big plus with children about!
This monitor has many good points including;
* Very clear sound both inside and outside the house
* Easy to master controls (although there is a handy instruction booklet).
* Room temperature - with alerts for high temp and low temp which you can set yourself
* Battery alert - lets you know at least 30 minutes before the battery actually runs out
* Alert for loss of power/connection to main unit- valuable to us as our little boy is asthmatic and this has alerted us to a power cut in the middle of the night.
* Night light on the main unit - bright enough to see in the room at night., but not too bright to keep our son awake. However there is also a torch on the parent unit which when pressed mutes the sound of the monitor - therefore allowing you to enter the room without getting feedback over the monitor and waking your baby.
* Handy belt clip to attach the unit to a belt or pocket whist in and out of rooms.
It is possible to switch on various features on the main unit via the parent unit they include the light on the main unit and lullaby's. The lullaby's can be played to get baby back to sleep without having to enter the room. There is also the facility to record your own message/lullaby which can be played when the baby sitter is in charge!
Bad points for us
After 18 months of use the batteries in the parent unit wont hold a charge. We upgraded them to better set of batteries but it didn't make much difference as a few months on the parent unit will not charge at all. We have since found this problem has happened to a few people with the same monitor. This may be due to the fact that we have used this monitor every night all night for approx 2 years due to our son having problems with asthma. Although this would not stop me buying this product again. Indeed we are going to buy a new one for baby number 2 - however we will also be buying the extra 3 year replacement cover.
Summary: Overall a good quality product that I will purchase again.
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Every house should have them!
- Safety 1st Angelcare Monitor - Peace of Mind
- Great baby monitors
- Simple But Brilliant!
- £2.99 To Save Your Toddler From Electrocution!
- Brilliant baby monitors
- Lindam easy fit plus stair gate - does what its designed for
- Lindam extending safety gate...Easing mum's worries at bedtime.
- Dreambaby Toilet Lock
- Dreambaby Style Mini Multi-Purpose Latches
- Dreambaby Style Microwave & Oven Lock
- Dreambaby Style General Purpose Latch
- Dreambaby Style Appliance Lock
- Ecozone Moonlight Night Light
- Pepe Rear Child Seat
- Winnie the Pooh Adjust n Lock Sunshade
- Boots Multi-purpose Latch
- Angelcare AC300 Movement Monitor