Product Type: BT safety products
Newest Review: ... are useful rather than gimmicky. What impresses me most about this is the range that you can use this at. We have a large garden and its... more
Making sure Your Baby is Safe When you are out of the room
BT Digital Baby Monitor Plus
Member Name: biggaz777
BT Digital Baby Monitor Plus
Date: 19/09/10, updated on 19/09/10 (41 review reads)
Advantages: Great product, well worth money
The BT digital baby monitor was bought for us by a member of family just before our first child (Our Son) and it has been great all the way through with him and also now with our second child (Our daughter). It certainly isn't the cheapest monitor on the market but with this type of thing you don't want to skimp on price as I'm sure you'll all agree the baby's safety comes first as well as your piece of mind.
However, as I talk about price, when we got the units I believe they were much more expensive then than they are now. You could now pick up a set from amazon for £60 brand new or second hand if you trust the seller on EBay for around £35.
Also my wife and myself would never think about replacing this set as it has shown to be reliable throughout the years and always met all our needs, keeping our baby safe.
If i had to think about a negative point, the units are so responsive that even a change in the baby's breathing can make your ears prick up and feel a need to check on the baby although in our case, all as always been thankfully ok, and the baby has just rolled over or changed their lying position.
The units always made us feel much better when away from home, as when not in your usual surroundings and having your baby in strange room, it was nice to have extra piece of mind to hear them and know they were ok.
With this monitor set you get
- Sound sensitive lights (you can see straight away if your baby has moved)
- Sensitivity control can be increased or reduced depending on your baby
- Talk back, You can speak to your baby without entering their room
- Belt Clip to allow to carry the monitor around with you
- Rubber side grips which make it comfortable to hold and non slip when upstanding
- The volume can be adjusted from either unit
- Up to 300 metres range outside and 50 metres inside
- Can be operated by the mains or batteries both units together would require 6 AA batteries
- Splash resistant
- The most important - keeping in constant touch with your baby
The units are very easy to use and to set up and were in permanent use for us, whether be at home or on holiday or just spending a night away at faraway relatives. If you are going to use batteries I would recommend buying rechargeable or it would cost a fortune but why bother when you can connect to the mains.
All in all a very good present for us as it has served us well so far and who knows maybe sometime in the future as well.
A very good buy for any expecting parents out there.
Summary: Worth every penny