Product Type: Clippasafe safety products
Newest Review: ... were delivered within about 3 days so it didn't take too long before I was asking my husband to fit them!! The locks came packaged in a p... more
Lock it up!
Clippasafe Cupboard Locks
Member Name: benz2922
Clippasafe Cupboard Locks
Advantages: cheap, handy to have
Disadvantages: easy to brake
I bought these cupboard locks when my daughter was one. She had just started to walk and even though we had a stair gate on the kitchen, I thought I would get these as an extra safety measure.
They come in a pack of 6 and contain the locks themselves, the latches for the locks to latch onto and the screws to attach them to the door or draw. I'm not much a DIY person, but I found them easy to attach; I would think it could depend on what type of surface you are trying to apply them to though.
They are easy to use, you attach the lock to the door and then you attach the latch on to the inside of the cupboard. When you close the cupboard door they automatically lock into place. They are also easy to open, you just have to push the lock down and then it will open. However they are not that easy for little adventurers to open. My daughter tried several times to open the cupboards but each time she was unsuccessful.
I did find these very useful; however I did have one big problem with them. It was very easy to forget that they were attached so when opening the cupboard, I would open it with the normal force instead of carefully and then unlocking the lock. I did this several times and every time I did, the lock just fell of, or broke. We eventually broke everyone in the house so I went out to buy some more, I tried buying a different brand, but the same happened again. Eventually I gave up and decided not to fix any more to the cupboards.
I did find them very handy and they are good to have, but they are just so annoying, and very easily breakable. I would definitely recommend them however, if you are like me and easily forget things like this, you could end up slightly annoyed and find yourself buying more than 1 pack. But at around £2.50 a pack they are not expensive, and definitely worth buying even if they don't last that long.
They are suitable for most kitchen cupboards and draws, but I would double check they fit yours before purchasing to avoid disappointment!
Summary: worth having
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Don't wrap them in cotton wool
- I may as well have been walking the dog
- Lovely lamze mirror from birth and up
- Keep it cool
- A panda and a cat...the odd couple.....
- Simple, Quality and Reliable Baby Monitor
- Whale Songs and Ocean Noises Galore!
- Good baby monitor
- Good for the Money they Cost
- Handy light features
- Dreambaby Non Slip Bath Tub Appliques
- Dreambaby Non Slip Bath Tub Colour Changing Appliques
- Dreambaby Non-Slip Bath Suction Mat Small
- Dreambaby Non-Slip Bath Tub Strips
- Dreambaby No Tools No Screws Safety Kit UK
- Dreambaby Nap n Go Neck Support
- Dreambaby Multi-Purpose Latch - Extra
- Dreambaby Multi-Purpose Latch
- Dreambaby Mini Suction Mats
- Dreambaby Mini Multi-Purpose Latch x 5 Pieces