Newest Review: ... Celsius Orange - for 20 - 22 degrees Celsius Red - for over 22 degrees Celsius There is also a small screen on the front of the Gro... more
a simple but effective product
Member Name: jillycat
Date: 14/05/09, updated on 14/05/09 (41 review reads)
Advantages: helps when tired
Disadvantages: can't think of one
The egg reads the temperature of your room and glows a different colour depending on the temperature ( it is to be plugged into the mains not battery operated)
Blue - too cold
yellow - just right
orange - too warm
red - too hot
these temperature guidelines are based on the recommended room temperatures for babies to prevent cot death
this was a product I bought when on maternity leave thinking it sounded a good simple idea. A few people scoffed at me spending all this money on a room temperature guide and said a cardboard one would do the job. But I have too say on those early morning feeds in winter when you are bleary eyed just seeing what color zone you are in helps and is easy to read. As first time parents we weren't used to know what sort of room temperature it should be and what sort of clothing and bedding the baby should wear so having this provided a good degree of reassurance that we were getting that bit right! The instruction guided also help by telling what tog of gro bag to use and what clothing the baby needed. We found it just helped idiot proof one bit of the whole new parent thing. I don't know how long the light part works in the egg but ours is now 16 months in the use and no problems so far.
We bought ours at mothercare but they seem to be around in most shops and on line to. They retail from approx £16 depending on the shop and what offers are available
Given that I don't know how long the light part lasts I am not sure I would recommend buying one second hand.
Though a bit expensive I am glad we bought it and given its used everyday I think it does work out value for money
Summary: a product I wished I had invented simple and easy to use
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Tomy Soft bed guard/rail
- grobag egg, brilliant for the nursery
- peace of mind monitor
- Help keep your child safe from the dangers of electricity.
- Grobag Egg - Keeping a close eye on the temperature.
- A Fail For Flatterned Fingers
- A small tool for peace of mind at home!
- Lock out the children
- Ha! Now there's no escape!
- Soothing? No
- Bundle Monster New Baby / Child Animal Cushiony Finger Safety Door Stop Guard Se ...
- Mothercare Metal Safety Gate
- Motorola MBP36 Digital Video Monitor
- Hey Baby! Socket Covers
- Just 4 Baby Hareness Reins Batman Backpack
- Safety 1st Clear Corner Cushions
- Mothercare Corner Cushions
- Clippasafe Easy Wash Harness & Rein
- Clippasafe Standard Harness & Rein
- Clippasafe Leather Harness & Rein