Newest Review: ... Celsius Orange - for 20 - 22 degrees Celsius Red - for over 22 degrees Celsius There is also a small screen on the front of the Gro... more
Brilliant room thermometer that helps to give parents peace of mind
Member Name: oscardog
Advantages: Gives you peace of mind re. room temperature for your baby
Disadvantages: Feeble strength of nightlight
The Gro-Egg has two functions: i) to act as a room thermometer and ii) to provide a gentle nightlight for you and your baby.
As most new parents are aware, it is very important to keep the temperature of the room where your baby sleeps consistent, and within a specific range. The Gro-Egg helps you to know what the correct temperature is for your baby at a quick glance, as it changes colour according to the temperature of your room. If the temperature dips too low, the Gro-
Egg glows blue, and if the room is too hot it will glow orange and then red. The ideal room temperature for your baby is indicated by a yellow glow. The Gro-Egg also gives a clear and accurate temperature reading to one decimal place.
The Gro-Egg is designed to be used in conjunction with Grobag baby sleeping bags. Parents receive guidelines on what their baby should be wearing according to the temperature of the room. This helps to stop babies either overheating or becoming too cold, which is something that I worried about a lot as a new parent.
The only disadvantage of the Gro-Egg is that the nightlight in't very strong. We still use a separate nightlight when doing late night feeds.
The Gro-Egg is widely available - either directly from The Gro Store or from major retailers e.g Amazon, Kiddicare. It retails in the region of £15 - 22. It is definitely worth shopping around for prices; Asda have recently been selling them for £15.
I thoroughly recommend this product, as it takes the guesswork out of keeping your baby at the right temperature, and allows you to sleep at night (if your baby will let you!).
Summary: Colour changing room thermometer helps to keep your baby safe - brilliant!
More reviews in the field of Child Safety
- Sssssh.....Baby's sleeping!
- Peace of mind for any parent
- A good night sleep!
- Angelcare sound and movement monitor
- Safety First
- Triple locked - just mind your step passing through it!
- Lindam Pressure Fit Safety Gate
- Pricey but worth it!
- Keeping 'Trouble' out of Mischief...
- Brilliant monitor - yet to meet a Mum who hasn't wanted one after seeing ours!
- Bruin Navy Baby Safety Harness
- Avent Digital Thermometer Set
- Beurer Non Contact Thermometer
- Dreambaby Toilet Lock
- Dreambaby Style Mini Multi-Purpose Latches
- Dreambaby Style Microwave & Oven Lock
- Dreambaby Style General Purpose Latch
- Dreambaby Style Appliance Lock
- BabyDan Magnetic Drawer/Cupboard Lock
- Lloytron B850 Baby Monitor